ASFXMAS - First Viewing Part 1

Pronouns
He/Him
ASFMXMAS-1.jpg

RECAP

SPOTIFY

ALL THE SONGS

1 An Unwanted Gift/ Dragonette - Merry Xmas (Says Your Text Message)
2 Ed Milliband/ Celtic Woman - Carol of the Bells
3 Nigella's Christmas Kitchen/ Pantha du Prince - Es Schneit (It's Snowing)
4 The Bedswell Tundra/ Alan Jackson - Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)
5 A White Christmas/ Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
6 The Gävle Goat/ Emmy The Great & Tim Wheeler - Home for the Holidays
7 Caga tió/ Maria Mena - Home For Christmas
8 Little Drummer Boy/ J Soul Brothers from Exile Tribe - Rat-Tat-Tat
9 Sprouts/ Jennifer Saran - Sweetest Christmas
10 Christmas Island Red Crab/ Valerie Sassyfras - Christmas Party
11 Artisan Mince Pie/ Bjorn Again - Love's Not Just For Christmas
12 Clementine/ Tarkan - Yolla
13 WHOEVER INVENTED CHRISTMAS SHOULD BE NAILED TO A FUCKING CROSS/ Low - Just Like Christmas
14 Delia Smith/ Sally Shapiro - Anorak Christmas
15 Lump of Coal/ Set It Off - This Christmas (I'll Burn It To The Ground)
16 Jack & Jill Christmas/ Dead or Alive - Blue Christmas 2000
17 Snow Storm/ Yagya - Fyrsti Stormur
18 The Virgin Mary/ Lio - Amoureux Solitaires
19 The Christmas Alligator/ Koko Taylor - Merry, Merry Christmas
20 The Ghost of Christmas Past/ Beverley Knight - A Christmas Wish

'Twas the night before ASFXMAS, when all through Moopy
Not a creature was stirring, not even Soldi.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that ASFXMAS soon would be there;
The gays were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of Kylie danced in their heads.

The wait is almost over. Join me tomorrow evening at the slightly earlier time of 19.30 for the first preview of our entries for ASFXMAS. You will be able to view and hear the first 20 of 40 entries. The YouTube playlist will appear here in the first topic.

Last edited:
Ultra exciting. The flag GALA was a lovely Christmas-affirming boot up the arse for the formula too!

I genuinely think we peaked in terms of delicious dance pop highs last time.

I am fairly sure RaspberrySwirl will never be pleased, so I hope he hates everything and expresses this through the voting process :)

I genuinely think we peaked in terms of delicious dance pop highs last time.

I am fairly sure RaspberrySwirl will never be pleased, so I hope he hates everything and expresses this through the voting process :)

I think we peaked at Iguanavision.

Oh I thought Kalavision was the best!

I still listen to the likes of Lovenight, Sevda, the Turkish and Esthonian songs (whatever they were called :eyes:) and I DISCOVERED A-WA and Angelè from it too :disco:

Having it go on for months genuinely helped!

Oh I thought Kalavision was the best!

I still listen to the likes of Lovenight, Sevda, the Turkish and Esthonian songs (whatever they were called :eyes:) and I DISCOVERED A-WA and Angelè from it too :disco:

Having it go on for months genuinely helped!
It's rare I prefer a collection of non English songs, to a collection of English songs. I'm not against some German shlager, French ballads or Mediterranean bangers but there was a lot of stuff I just wasn't into.

I lost complete interest in the Kala one and is the only one I didn’t vote in during the lockdown era. I’ll need to read the rules to figure out what double voting is.

Last edited:
I lost complete interest in the Kala one and the covers one was well run but didn’t excite me too much. I’ll need to read the rules to figure out what double voting is.
Everyone MUST vote in the regular 1-12 style voting. There is the also the option to rate all the songs out of 10, which will be added collectively at the end of the regular vote reveal.

The one that Outsync won, you had Lykke Li... those two and WTG’s song are all in my top 3 overall ASFM songs I think.

Heart of Mine (Sunchyme but horror)?

Between that, Todeloo, Echoes and Sparkling Rain, I think I’ve entered a strong bunch of songs any yet I’ve only made the top ten once.

So much POLITICAL VOTING going on in this competition. I blame the basic bottom block vote.

The recaps are finished. Just need to do a proof read, but will still make an inevitable mistake that I am sure will be quickly pointed out.

And, having heard the songs, some of y'all are HATEFUL.

:disco: :disco: :disco:
VERY EXCITED FOR THEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom