Atomic Kitten - The Hotly Anticipated Reunion

Never mind 83 likes, not even enough interest for a new comeback thread :(

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: dUb
Oh that’s on me, I’m terrible for not doing that cc VoR

Steps, Sophie Ellis Bextor and All Saints have all proved it's totally possible to have a proper UK career if you have the right team around you, follow the Radio 2 template, and your new material is of a considerable quality.

I'm just not sure if Atomic Kitten have the TASTE LEVEL of the above three acts :D (Steps may not be "cool", but they've absolutely nailed their audience and market).

Atomic Kitten would need to work with some SHIT HOT adult contemporary writers to really get the comeback smash they need to shake off the NAFFNESS that has become their brand. It's not impossible, I just don't know whether they'd be able to do it :D

Last edited:
Blue are still playing ARENAS?! Those dates feel optimistic to me, but perhaps I'm underestimating the nostalgia circuit :D

(Also, I know it's not PC to say but what Duncan has done to his face makes me so sad. Get those fillers DISSOLVED babe, you really do not need them x)

I'm slightly bewildered at the decision to list each Kitten by NAME on that poster. :D

"I'm not going unless Jenny Frost is there" - gays nationwide.
They've been a bit of a revolting door of recent years though haven't they what with Kerry and Michelle Heaton taking up places when necessary. Guess they're just making it clear it's the A-LIST LINE UP :disco:

I suppose they've had enough lineups over the years they want people to know what they're getting :D

Reactions: VoR
what the fuck has DUNCAN done to his face? :D

silly Spice Girls, we're waiting too, you know.

I'm slightly bewildered at the decision to list each Kitten by NAME on that poster. :D

MKS truly changed the game

Blue were supporting Steps last time I saw them which is pretty much right in terms of pecking order

And they were rubbish. The effort was utterly minimal.

I imagine you'd get a better show off of AK, inherent ropiness included. And a MUCH better back cat of bangers* and no hideous hoarse wailing from LEE.

* relatively speaking

Also I’m pretty sure I saw the Kerry Version of AK at The Big Reunion Tour. But I can barely remember anything from that other than one of Liberty X’s catsuits splitting and Sinead from B*Witches falling on her face.

what the fuck has DUNCAN done to his face? :D

silly Spice Girls, we're waiting too, you know.
He always knew in his heart he wanted it to be a perfect oblong and now, after almost £30 worth of procedures from a woman he met in Claire’s Accessories, he’s achieved his dream.

I saw them at Manchester Pride and the difference in crowd reaction between when Kerry opened her mouth vs the other one was something to behold. I wouldn't be surprised if they had done it to stop people getting mad that Kerry isn't there :D

I’m AGOG that Blue are trying to fill those arenas. I know Steps are doing arena tours but Blues recent efforts have flopped HARD.

Steps, Sophie Ellis Bextor and All Saints have all proved it's totally possible to have a proper UK career if you have the right team around you, follow the Radio 2 template, and your new material is of a considerable quality.

I'm just not sure if Atomic Kitten have the TASTE LEVEL of the above three acts :D (Steps may not be "cool", but they've absolutely nailed their audience and market).
This is true, AK and Blue (even if they did rope in a few high profile collaborators) seem far more Poundland than those names you mentioned. I’d say the only way this sells well is if they add on a few more acts and call it a nostalgia night.

The only comeback I want to read about is those stubborn women Eternal. If having Louise back is the only way it can happen then I’ll put up with it. There’s bound to be some money in that, Easther and Vernie taking by far the biggest cuts of course.

Last edited:
At least Blue’s Irish promoters had the sense to plop them in a modest-sized theatre in Dublin

Yeah the 02 surprises me. I really cannot see them managing to sell that very well at all.

Blue and AK were more also rans, and largely successful as the big hitters had split up but the sound hadn’t yet changed into the r&b and ‘cooler’ focus that came a year or two later.

Why do they keep referencing the summer like it didn’t happen this year. “Last summer”, “summer 2021”

The only comeback I want to read about is those stubborn women Eternal. If having Louise back is the only way it can happen then I’ll put up with it. There’s bound to be some money in that, Easther and Vernie taking by far the biggest cuts of course.
Eternal are truly the ABBA of the 90s leaving their gays shaking and crying (in a negative sense) for decades by refusing to give us a cheap reunion. It's iconic that the Bennett sisters continue to serve the haughtiness and obstinacy that made us fall in love with them years ago. The 40 year anniversary comeback album is going to slay.

Eternal are truly the ABBA of the 90s leaving their gays shaking and crying (in a negative sense) for decades by refusing to give us a cheap reunion. It's iconic that the Bennett sisters continue to serve the haughtiness and obstinacy that made us fall in love with them years ago. The 40 year anniversary comeback album is going to slay.
It has never been clear to me whether they want Louise to be part of it; are holding out for her to join; or they just don’t want to do it all. Louise certainly adds some more media interest (but it is hardly Voyage to begin with).

Kéllé seemed keen for her to join during the BR. Vernie’s response that Louise had been ‘pretty vocal’ in the press about not being up for it, made me wonder if they had even bothered to ask her the question. That would be such a Bennett move :D

I’d want to see them but UGH imagine putting yourself through a Blue concert to do so.

It has never been clear to me whether they want Louise to be part of it; are holding out for her to join; or they just don’t want to do it all. Louise certainly adds some more media interest (but it is hardly Voyage to begin with).

Kéllé seemed keen for her to join during the BR. Vernie’s response that Louise had been ‘pretty vocal’ in the press about not being up for it, made me wonder if they had even bothered to ask her the question. That would be such a Bennett move :D
We need a 30 year anniversary Always & Forever Medley at the Brits in a few years. Gen Z must give Just a Step From Heaven its flowers.

They have blatantly put the names of this line up for AK so the huns are not demanding a refund when Katona doesn't come on :D

Guys
The tickets for the BLUE tour are out and includes VIP meet & Greet packages with the Blue Boyz (fnarrrrr fnarrrrrr) but can't see if the Radioactive Pussy girls are also included :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom