Avril Lavigne - Let Go (20th anniversary edition)

I cannot remember some songs on this album and the ominously titled Unwanted is one of them.

so far she's serving Alanis vox again. living for this heavy rock via way of Disney Channel production.

Reactions: COB
God, sometimes the angry girl with guitars genre might be my favourite thing ever.

Reactions: RJN
it's definitely a bit filler, but I'm never averse to a bit of filler. *pouts*

08 Losing Grip
11 Complicated
10 Sk8r Boi
10 I'm With You
10 Mobile
08 Unwanted

I think Tomorrow was featured in jivafox's Avril vs Melissa: Revenge of the Motherfuckin' Princess deep cuts sync.

it's quite lovely! back to the zen existential angst. tomorrow is a different day... *hits the bong*

D3F4BAhX4AEwroT.jpg

This is a bit floaty, a bit airy fairy, a bit bright breezy and listenable...

I'm not sure why I'm surprised at how good she is vocally, I suppose it's easy to remember her bratty shouty moments in some of the singles and forget that's not all she is.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised at how good she is vocally, I suppose it's easy to remember her bratty shouty moments in some of the singles and forget that's not all she is.
its not really how she was marketed at all

sometimes I get so weird, I even freak myself out

This is giving me cute moment/beautiful gowns combat trousers vibes, aka nice but inessential.

oh Anything But Ordinary is so cute. this midsection has hit a nice, chill groove.

07.5 Losing Grip
11 Complicated
10 Sk8r Boi
10 I'm With You
10 Mobile
08 Unwanted
08.5 Tomorrow
08 Anything But Ordinary

These last few have certainly been of a particular type, but I'm not complaining.

Things I'll Never Say is probably the most filler-y feeling for me thus far. It feels a bit Corrs lite.

Is Avril a SONGWRITER btw? Curious whether these are her own compositions/lyrics, I realise I don't know much about her.

This album being 20 years old is going to cause my mid-life crisis to happen this year

• Wow
Things I'll Never Say is probably the most filler-y feeling for me thus far. It feels a bit Corrs lite.
I actually got jangly Corrs vibes on more than one occasion so far. not that they OWNED GUITAR POP. but Jim's impact doth live on.

Is Avril a SONGWRITER btw? Curious whether these are her own compositions/lyrics, I realise I don't know much about her.
yes, she's co-writer/has lead credit on everything across her career, and some songs are written solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom