Avril Lavigne - Love Sux

OK going in for my first listen NOW

seeing RAVES across the BOARD (except for dear Suedette)

well the chorus is decent but doesn't quite go anywhere interesting... but the verses, bridge and middle 8 are fab!

an 8 for now. not shaking or crying, but she did what she had to do.

I kinda feel like this is her best last shot at a hit what with the rock/punk resurgence happening right now.

It's a "Hmm" from me at this stage as well. Nice to have her back and nice that it's very Business As Usual, but it's feels a bit reduced compared to the last two lead singles. Almost like at 39 she's finally getting a tad embarassed. (A miniscule tad though).

embarrassed? :D babes, she's all in. this is exactly what she wants to be doing.

and she's 37!

To me this feels much less muted than Head Above Water (although I appreciate she was dying of LYME DISEASE).

The instrumental feels more POP PYNK than POP POP PUNK and her vocals are taking me back to Under My Skin :disco:

YOU’VE BITTEN OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW

CAN YOU TASTE IT? :disco:

Reactions: GNL
This is FUN, and a marked improvement from the dreary last album. Artistic growth? WHO NEEDS IT?

@Jark how is it doing on streaming? I read somewhere it was off to a promising start.

2.35m in 2.5 days, it's a decent start indeed. NMF support from Spotify was awful and it may freefall if they don't playlist it.

She usually gives a horrible interview and comes off as a sourpuss but I enjoyed her a lot here. BRING ON THE ALBUM OF 2022

When are we getting anything else may I ask?

She said in that interview (from November) that we would get another single in January, so imminently I think

And I-

FB_IMG_1641412687611.jpg

The album is called Love Sux and it's slated to be released on February 25. The tracklist is;

1. Cannonball
2. Bois Lie (feat. Machine Gun Kelly)
3. Bite Me
4. Love It When You Hate Me (feat. blackbear)
5. Love Sux
6. Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending
7. Avalanche
8. Déjà vu
9. F.U.
10. All I Wanted (feat. Mark Hoppus)
11. Dare To Love Me
12. Break Of A Heartache

Blackbear is a recent discovery of mine and I like! Not the typical Avril sound though, so I'm curious about that.

I can't wait for this! :D I'm assuming we're going back to the Avril we know and love and none of that Head Above Water grown up SHITE.

The album is called Love Sux and it's slated to be released on February 25. The tracklist is;

1. Cannonball
2. Bois Lie (feat. Machine Gun Kelly)
3. Bite Me
4. Love It When You Hate Me (feat. blackbear)
5. Love Sux
6. Kiss Me Like The World Is Ending
7. Avalanche
8. Déjà vu
9. F.U.
10. All I Wanted (feat. Mark Hoppus)
11. Dare To Love Me
12. Break Of A Heartache
she previously said no ballads on this and the titles are giving me lightweight punk bops x12 :disco:

I just reread our Avril sync listen thread. We had such a GREAT time!

Let’s do a sync for LOVE SUX

Why not sync ALL OF THE ALBUMS in ANTICIPATION?

I'm in full on Avril mode. The last album seems like a chore but I never gave it a chance either. This sounds like a return to form, though.

I could definitely do syncs of the first few (the first five in fact!).

I suggest we skip Had Enough Water? due to time constraints, stocking issues or California wildfires.

Put your studded wristbands up, little mall punks, we're going to go crash the mall.

I could definitely do syncs of the first few (the first five in fact!).

I suggest we skip Had Enough Water? due to time constraints, stocking issues or California wildfires.
Yaasss. For as much as I stan, I am only really familiar front to back with the first two albums. Goodbye Lullaby too to an extent, but I haven't given it much attention since 2011.

Shall we commence with Let Go this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom