Beijing 2022 - games proper

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
Anyone watching?

I’d forgotten we’re still lumbered with the Discovery contract. I’m just going with the flow and watching whatever BBC One selects.

I love the long track speed skating. I still don’t get short track.

I think the moguls are about to start :disco:

Off to a great start. The first gold medal awarded to a convicted doper.

I swear there has never been an olympics that got less attention than this. I don't think I'd even know it was happening if it wasn't for moopy

Paying the £6.99 or what ever it was for Discovery+ was worth it for Tokyo. I don't think I'll be bothering this time around.

I wonder if this will do any harm to the winter games in the long run? The general apathy to Beijing hosting and the fact you can barely watch any of it, you'd hardly know they were taking place.

I think I'm up to speed with the figure skating (although my recording cut off before the marvelous 15 year old Russian girl had finished her routine) and now watching some speed skating.

Paying the £6.99 or what ever it was for Discovery+ was worth it for Tokyo. I don't think I'll be bothering this time around.

I wonder if this will do any harm to the winter games in the long run? The general apathy to Beijing hosting and the fact you can barely watch any of it, you'd hardly know they were taking place.
I'll definitely splash out for the summer Olympics, but the winter Olympics is only occasionally interesting when it's free. Not enough flesh.

It all looks very pretty however.

Eurosport need to show the events the programmes are listed as. That's twice I've not seen all of the figure skating (my taping has it starting 30 minutes into a 43 minute recording). I still don't understand the team event anyway.

You're kidding. This is the 2nd Kamila routine (doing fucking Bloreo this time no less) that has been cut off!

You're kidding. This is the 2nd Kamila routine (doing fucking Bloreo this time no less) that has been cut off!

The BBC not exactly subtle when stating that within the mystery of the medal ceremony delay we have a 15 year old Russian girl from Russian who landed two quads all the while representing Russia.

Anyway, catching up on the mens. Another Bolero has begun.

I really thought the Bobsleigh was beginning yesterday, but it seems Monday.

What is that tray slide event where the men lie on a tray on top of each other? That could be good :side-eye:

Oh so it was her? Oh no. Well, I'll need to find an article. I'm now glad my Eurosport recordings cut her off. They must have known.

YES! They mentioned it 3 times, I can only hope Hazel Irvine scoffed into her mic for the sound people to appreciate.
She should really know better. What is the point of punishing Russia this way if the TV keep calling them Russia.

I’ve done my bit by removing all suggestion that Russia won the Davis Cup last year from Wikipedia. I also removed all references to Russia from ROC’s Wikipedia summary page for the 2020 games.

She should really know better. What is the point of punishing Russia this way if the TV keep calling them Russia.

I’ve done my bit by removing all suggestion that Russia won the Davis Cup last year from Wikipedia. I also removed all references to Russia from ROC’s Wikipedia summary page for the 2020 games.
The second sentence of the article 'Russia Davis Cup Team' states 'Russia has won the Davis Cup three times, in 2002, 2006 and 2021, and finished as runner-up three times, in 1994, 1995, and 2007.' Either someone has already reverted it, probably Brandon Lewis, or there is still work to be done.

Where?!
skeleton terrifying GIF

Oh you're just obsessed with looking for bone Diddy dear. I meant the tray table event - I finally got to the bottom of it.

Just watched the ice skating (dancing?). That poor Russian girl!

What an end to the biathlon races — a Justine Braisaz win! 🤟 Hope she stage dives during the ceremony.

It’s the last end of the men’s curling final. GB down one but with the hammer.

EDIT: They lost.

Last edited:
Congatulations!

The Guardian decided to spice things up a little;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom