Betty Boo is BACK!

“Because I'm hot and sizzly put you in the mood
Someone like you puts me OFF my FOOD”

What is this sampling (or mimicking)? I completely know it and can’t put my finger on it.

Hmmm. I don’t like the autotuned vocals and I really was hoping for a proper silly rap, but it’s catchy enough.

Album 'Boomerang' coming in October, and featuring Sophie Ellis Bextor on the bonus track (although it appears to be on all formats) 'Shining Star'.

Last edited:
CD Tracklist:

1. Get Me To The Weekend
2. Shining Star
3. Miracle feat. Chuck D
4. Right By Your Side feat. David Gray
5. Boomerang
6. Nobody Can Bring Me Down
7. Stop Your Nonsense (Bubblegum Pop!)
8. Never Too Late
9. All I Wanna Do Is Dance
10. 808
11. Superstar
12. Hell, Yeah

BONUS TRACKS
13. Shining Star feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor
14. S.O.S.
15. Bright Lights
16. Get Me To The Weekend (Extended mix)
17. Right By Your Side feat. David Gray (Extended mix)
18. Miracle feat. Chuck D (Extended mix)

---

Cassette Tracklist:

SIDE 1
1. Get Me To The Weekend
2. Shining Star
3. Miracle feat. Chuck D
5. Boomerang

SIDE 2
1. Stop Your Nonsense (Bubblegum Pop!)
2. Never Too Late
3. All I Wanna Do Is Dance
4. 808
5. Superstar
6. Hell, Yeah
7. Shining Star feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor

---

Vinyl Tracklist:

SIDE 1
1. Get Me To The Weekend
2. Shining Star
3. Miracle feat. Chuck D
5. Boomerang

SIDE 2
1. Stop Your Nonsense (Bubblegum Pop!)
2. Never Too Late
3. All I Wanna Do Is Dance
4. 808
5. Superstar
6. Hell, Yeah

BONUS TRACK
7. Shining Star feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Some well priced bundles on her webstore here https://bettyboo.tmstor.es/

And if you buy a bundle, there are a limited number of 5 track samplers shipping in July.

Don't think I'm tempted though.
Those bundles are very well priced. I think if you’d posted on a Saturday evening after I’d maybe had a glass or three of wine I might have ordered something!

I was semi tempted by the limited to 50 numbered and signed test vinyl pressings which was still available when I posted earlier, but decided against it.

I hope they went to fans rather than directly to ebay, which is where mine would have ended up.

The sampler thing is quite unusual. I ordered the cheapest CD and cassette bundle so I have that coming - I'm not completely sure why I bothered, having the five songs physically could have kept until October.

Six pounds postage as well, but I suppose that is two deliveries.

I'm going to wait until it's all out (unless curiosity gets the better of me), but I did enjoy the Dame Zandra Rhodes number.

I want the ‘Warhol’ t-shirt with signed cd and sampler, but that isn’t a bundle option. I don’t like either of the face t shirt bundle options 😞

The new songs might be only serviceable by her standards but having Betty fucking BOO back in the world of pop is such a joy

I caved in and preordered a bundle as she seems so lovely. Not a T-shirt bundle but they are quite nice.

Betty has written Pure and Simple mk 2 and got David Gray to sing the chorus for some reason:

Boo is burnin through these tracks. The whole lot will have been released by the time the album comes out at this rate.

My album sampler arrived today, had kinda forgotten about it. Tracks on it are:

1 Get Me To The Weekend
2 Shining Star
3 Boomerang
4 Stop Your Nonsense (Bubblegum Pop)
5 Nobody Can Bring Me Down

She performed at a festival a couple of weekends ago, quite an attractive set list but she should have fired 24 Hours in there:

Take Off
Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (To That Music You’re Playing)
Doin' the Do
Let Me Take You There
Where Are You Baby?
Last Night a DJ Saved My Life
Get Me to the Weekend
Shining Star
Pure & Simple

I feel awful about this, especially considering how excited I was about the comeback, but my lukewarm reaction to the new music has really left me with zero interest in seeing her live at all.

The festival setlist is solid but I have Suede the next night so definitely don't feel like dragging into London for gigs two nights in a row.

My album sampler arrived today, had kinda forgotten about it. Tracks on it are:

1 Get Me To The Weekend
2 Shining Star
3 Boomerang
4 Stop Your Nonsense (Bubblegum Pop)
5 Nobody Can Bring Me Down

I got round to listening to this today. I was not ready for the last track sounding very close to The Outhere Brothers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom