Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

This was the only chance for Madonna to get a hit this decade and Beyonce puts it on a pay wall :basil:

So literally EVERYONE bar Mariah is it

Queen Mother Madonna, Aaliyah
Rosetta Tharpe, Santigold
Bessie Smith, Nina Simone
Betty Davis, Solange Knowles
Badu, Lizzo, Kelly Rowl'
Lauryn Hill, Roberta Flack
Toni, Janet, Tierra Whack
Missy, Diana, Grace Jones
Aretha, Anita, Grace Jones
Helen Folasade Adu
Jilly from Philly, I love you boo
Don't just stand there get into it
Strike a pose there's nothing to it
Michelle, Chloe, Halle, Aaliyah, Alicia, Whitney, RiRi, Nicki

Even better she mentions Aaliyah twice and still no room for Mariah :D

It's a nice remix. You cannot deny the might of Vogue. She was an icon, she was a legend, she was the moment.

So literally EVERYONE bar Mariah is it

Queen Mother Madonna, Aaliyah
Rosetta Tharpe, Santigold
Bessie Smith, Nina Simone
Betty Davis, Solange Knowles
Badu, Lizzo, Kelly Rowl'
Lauryn Hill, Roberta Flack
Toni, Janet, Tierra Whack
Missy, Diana, Grace Jones
Aretha, Anita, Grace Jones
Helen Folasade Adu
Jilly from Philly, I love you boo
Don't just stand there get into it
Strike a pose there's nothing to it
Michelle, Chloe, Halle, Aaliyah, Alicia, Whitney, RiRi, Nicki
No Gaga either tho

Babylon queen remix coming soon

Grace Jones twice and no Heidi Montag?

Beyonce No GIF

Some of the people she's included is a bit like if Madonna sang "Greta Garbo and Monroe/Dietrich and Chad Lowe".

I know it means next to nothing, however the Queens remix is currently number 3 on iTunes both here and in the US.

• Love
Reactions: GNL
I might need to do the same. My jaw and scalp are on the floor right now.
It was the Janet and Grace shout outs in the re-written wrap that did it for me. Aside from the Mariah omission (which doesn't particularly bother me in the slightest), why didn't she mention Tina (Turner) though? She could have worked her in somehow.

It was the Janet and Grace shout outs in the re-written wrap that did it for me. Aside from the Mariah omission (which doesn't particularly bother me in the slightest), why didn't she mention Tina (Turner) though? She could have worked her in somehow.
It's the least she deserves after Beyonce almost broke her foot

The namecheck is a tad strange - Grace Jones twice almost saves the entire thing.

This is fantastic, I particularly love that little laugh after House of Mizrahi - that's a Missy reference, isn't it :disco:

Glad I didn't purchase it. That remix is kinda...messy. It just makes me wanna listen to the original Vogue. Don't need Beyonce anywhere near it. She has this annoying habit of sucking the joy out of everything.

She should get a #1 this week then. But that will deny a potential #1 for Madonna, which is quite significant in the world of stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom