Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (New Album)

I’m In no rush but I will get round to it. Apart from NDA which is Ok, all the singles have been stellar

I bought this earlier but I had to go to work so I haven't listened yet. I didn't bother following the 'singles'; I'm not that kind of listener.

On first listen, it's too samey for such a long album. The mastering is also gash unless the fuzzy bits are all intentional which is not impossible. That said, there's more than enough for it to have gone straight back on again. A shame the Bond song isn't on it but that'll be rights/licensing etc no doubt.

OK, my ears are obviously absolute cloth because halfway through listen 2, I can't believe I thought the album was "samey". It's obviously one of those records that reveals itself more slowly.

Not deleting the above post, I will now enter a period of listening and learning...etc

I'm trying to give it time to breathe and it does seem like a grower. "Billie Bossa Nova", "My Future" and "Your Power" are my standouts so far. The more languid moments are giving me some Honeymoon vibes.

lana del rey freak GIF

I Didn't Change My Number is a delicious bop. Billie Bossa Nova even moreso. and the title track really blossoms into something amazing at the end.

the mastering on many songs however is sometimes kinda intense

OverHeated absolutely SLAPS. there are a lot of house music beats and grooves here in place of the more trap stylings from before and I think it's a way more exciting sound for her.

Well the title track was the best thing I've heard from her in a while, especially the last 2 minutes

I wasn't ready. Been listening to this album since Friday on a LOOP and it absolutely fucking bops more than it should, really!

Oxytocin, Didn't Change My Number, Lost Cause, NDA, OverHeated, and GOLDWING are amongst the best things she's ever done. (Everything I Wanted too, even though it's not on the album :( )

I wasn't ready. Been listening to this album since Friday on a LOOP and it absolutely fucking bops more than it should, really!

Oxytocin, Didn't Change My Number, Lost Cause, NDA, OverHeated, and GOLDWING are amongst the best things she's ever done. (Everything I Wanted too, even though it's not on the album :( )
It's probably my favourite of hers. OMG I HAVE SO MUCH CRY everytime I hear it :(

Last edited:
after a day I'm all over this record. it's fantastic. the production... *insert face melt gif*

I need more time with the more ballady moments but everything is strong and the uptempo-adjacent tracks all fucking SLAP.

can't get enough of Billie Bossa Nova, Goldwing and Overheated. Not My Responsibility is also serving serious early 90s Madge with the beat and strange accent.

title song has held at 6 on Spotify global for 3 days now and is up to 5 in the UK today so looks like she has another proper hit at last :disco:

Reactions: dUb
OverHeated definitely the standout for me on first play

are you just ignoring Oxytocin? :shock: that production, YIKES. Its like the (sonically) younger sister to ilomilo which was also a highlight.

It'll never be a single though.

There were a handful of promising albums released on Friday, and despite liking the singles I wasn't in that much of a hurry to delve into this. In the last couple of days I have given it a few plays and it is very good, I can definitely imagine returning to it more than the previous album.

LOVE Billie Bossa Nova. I Didn't Change My Number and Overheated are great too. I think Your Power is definitely up there with my favourites from her. However, Everybody Dies could have been cut quite easily.

The verses of Male Fantasy are vaguely reminiscent of Serotonin by girl in red which Finneas also had a hand in.

There is some serious creativity on display here, not just the production but her voice is such an instrument, the subtleties of her tone and the way she shifts it to tell a story... wow. I’m gonna need some time with this album I think. Time it definitely deserves.

I've slowly been enjoying this album since release, it definitely deserves time. Also quite interesting how relatively uncommercial a lot of it is considering she's one of the world's biggest popstars.

I Didn't Change My Number, NDA and OverHeated are my current picks...I just wish the songs were a bit LONGER. Number and NDA in particular just really start to get going and then they just...end. I need extended versions.

Very happy she's pretty much dropped the dreary Winehouse-aping ballads that were prominent on her first EP and album. I also added Everything I Wanted and When I Was Older to the end of my Spotify tracklist as they just FIT so well with the rest of the album tonally.

Also lol at how the ludicrous, almost parody-level of TEEN ANGST title track seems to be the break out smash of the campaign so far :D

This is getting better with each listen. Especially Getting Older, Billie Bossa Nova, My Future, Oxytocin, Male Fantasy, and especially Happier Than Ever (“almost parody level of teen angst” but in the best way). I was way too quick to judge it as samey when it’s so not

debut fragrance! she really is a big pop girl. gorgeous shot.

still loving this album.

ok when is this bitch gonna (properly) release OXYTOCIN as a single to end everything and EVERYONE in sight? :disco:

ok this perf of the title track on SNL last night was mindblowingly good. shame it couldn't be explicit!

(she also killed the hosting gig)

why is this woman torturing us and paying dust to potential anthem OXYTOCIN? Girl needs to release it NOW.

and then release Didn't Change My Number or Billie Bossa Nova afterward.

I swear the Happier Than Ever looked mimed, either she's very good at it or it was just shot that way :confused:

This one popped up in my Youtube feed, it was cut from the live show. Angelo should NEVER BE CUT!

Watching her headlining Glasto now. She really is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom