Blame it on the Edit

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

New Ru song with demented TikTok’s

The song is not bad but I’ve seen some say it’s tone deaf to the queen’s trauma :eyes:

I know we see it at the start of every Drag Race episode but the head-on shots of her frozen in place are so funny to me in the context of a music video

Serving Michele Weinberger in her back brace, but less mobile

It's a good number, I'll say that, but some light to go with the "shade" would have helped. That's actually quite unpleasant as a responce though - whether they said it or not isn't the point, not everyone can deal with the finished product, which may well still be a horrible surprise as we can all be oblivious to our less than flattering habits. I did not like the artist formerly known as Phi Phi, but is their long lasting frustrations afterward what they deserve? I won't even answer that.

I wonder who’s editing her now. Cause she’s still as bad as she was on the show.

It's such a weird thing to be coming out with this NOW, queens have been complaining about how they've been edited for years at this point. It feels a bit behind the times!

As for the actual content, I've always thought reducing it down to "they said the words" is quite reductive and really plays down the power of the editing. There's a reason they make the queens try and look exactly the same in all their confessional interviews after all - once they have that footage they can put it anywhere they like, even a different week to where it was said.

The most shocking example to me is probably still Max on season seven, who maintains that RuPaul specifically asked her to sing something while the crew were setting up another shot on the main stage - then in the episode it's portrayed as Max holding up the episode by randomly breaking into song, with shots of Michelle and other queens with WTF facial expressions cut in to make her look insane.

I just remembered that in the last US season there was an episode where Symone kept going from a freshly shaved head in the confessionals to (at least) 3-4 days' growth, then back again :D

That ending looks scary :D

I feel kind of sorry for Ru. He created this platform for all these ”new” queens and now many of them have almost surpasses him when it both comes to talents and popularity.

That ending looks scary :D

I feel kind of sorry for Ru. He created this platform for all these ”new” queens and now many of them have almost surpasses him when it both comes to talents and popularity.
Don’t feel sorry for her beb, she’s still cashing in 10 times more than the top earning bitches in the game (cwej book of stats).

Ru's still bigger than any queen that's come out of the show. I can't thing of anyone that comes close - maybe Bianca or Courtney.

It's kind of hard to measure when they do different things, but yes, I don't think any of them seriously challenge him, yet.

Although in some ways, with so many more Ru girls coming through all the time, I wonder if they aren't kind of diluting each other while Ru remains undiminished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom