Books you’ve read in 2021

9AC60534-89FB-46CB-9173-C006704D7BF0.jpeg

This. Heartbreaking, incredible and unbelievable that men and a community suffering with AIDS went through what they did in recent memory.

I've been reading him on and off for years now and he's very inconsistent. There's some great highs and some shocking lows and more often than not he can't stick the landing.

I've been reading him on and off for years now and he's very inconsistent. There's some great highs and some shocking lows and more often than not he can't stick the landing.
Interesting, maybe I just picked the wrong ones. What are your top 5 Stephen King books?

What ones did you read?

My Top 5:
It
Pet Sematary
Salem's Lot
The Dead Zone
Doctor Sleep
I've read Eyes of the Dragon (awful) and Dolores Claiborne (quite good). Also read some short stories... can't remember.. something about Dreamscapes.

That being said I've tried so many.. Stark - The Dark Half, The Stand, Cujo, etc. but never managed to finish any.

My Top 5 Kings

1. Christine
2. Lisey’s Story
3. Gerald’s Game
4. The Long Walk
5. The Tommyknockers

Isn't The Tommyknockers regarded as being one of his worst?

Wasn't keen on The Dark Half at all and haven't read any of the others you mentioned @Suedey, Dolores Claiborne & The Stand are on my list but after the dreadful series last year I'm in no hurry to read the latter.

I haven’t read many King novels but my favorite is Needful Things

I’ve fallen into a reading slump 😞

This is usually the time of year I start delving into autobiographies. Tempted by Julian Clary’s ‘Lick of love’.

Weren’t we supposed to read that together?
My copy has been waiting for me to be read for a year now, but I’m now busy (re)reading a gigantic 1000+ paged book about the European history. I’ve owned it since 2006 and read most of it but this time I’m reading it from start to finish.

9780712666336-us.jpg

Weren’t we supposed to read that together?
My copy has been waiting for me to be read for a year now, but I’m now busy (re)reading a gigantic 1000+ paged book about the European history. I’ve owned it since 2006 and read most of it but this time I’m reading it from start to finish.

9780712666336-us.jpg

:o I forgot. clearly you are a better person than me

I'm only on page 30, you can still make it!

I'm reading a book about the White Ship Disaster (History forum dead upskirt) and I just discovered the guy who wrote it is PRINCESS DIANA'S BROTHER?! These posh people do be getting everywhere.

Madeleine Miller (Circe, Song of Achilles) has revealed that her next book is Persephone. Which is interesting considering how many interpretations of this are around at the moment (Hadestown, Hades etc…).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom