Books you've read in 2022

Anyone read/listened to ‘Bad Gays’? Won one of the Goodreads awards - forget which one…

BFCC5B30-1EC2-42D2-8A2F-4E06B206548B.jpeg

Sounds fun though!

I've been quite trashy lately and have gotten well into TikTok sensation Taylor Reid Jenkins's books. :(

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Carrie Soto is Back, and now Daisy Jones and the Six. They're a bit predictable but quite delicious.

Also looking forward to the new John Boyne novel but will wait till it's reduced in price.

Oh I'm just reading his Wiki.

Still, he writes a good story. I always think he strikes a good balance between pop fiction and something a little bit deeper.

for Christmas I received

If We Were Villains - M.L. Rio
The Rules of Attraction - Bret Easton Ellis
Girl A - Abigail Dean

Girl A sounds a bit generic crime fic and not really my thing but I'm excited for the others. I think I've read Rules before but not sure.

currently reading and absolutely loving American Psycho. it's so deliciously, casually nasty (sometimes highly disturbing) but really very, very funny. sometimes I have to put it down just to SHRIEK.

OK so the initial buzz about Lapvona is excellent.
And yes that is Queen Moshfegh's sophomore comeback :disco:

Did anyone read The whale tattoo?

It’s been on my ‘to read’ pile for ages and has great reviews but I need an extra moopy push.
I'm reading it RIGHT NOW and FUCK ME IT'S GOOD

I have recently finished a book that has stayed with me for several days and nights and made me cry and think and hope for a better future and I am doing my bit spreading the word because I really think every gay man should read it.

9780141990149-jacket-large.jpg

It's a brilliant recollection of 30 years of therapy work with gay men by an American psychologist that unpicks many of the aspects of growing up and being gay in a straight world, dissecting traumas and blockers to happiness and a more fulfilling and realised life.

I'm probably not selling it very well but it's split into kind of independent chapters that tackle different aspects of the gay psyche, including shame, trauma, self-realisation, and the ghost of AIDS that still haunts the community. But if nothing else it is worth reading it for the final chapter alone where the author pays a beautiful eulogy to the men in his life and their struggle to find a model of gay lifestyle and family that suited them, free from conventions of heteronormativity. It's incredibly inspiring.

Just finished this. What a beautiful book. So much of it really rang true. I had to digest it in small portions so that I could really take it all in and let it sit with me.

Moopy I need help 😭

My kindle arrived and I have 2 months free Kindle unlimited.

Firstly, I won't be continuing it because all the books I want I have to pay for still anyway.

But what does this mean, if I "read now" do I not pay? Do I have a limited time to read it? Do I pay if I download it?!
16808049778839209123281720953409.jpg

I *think* that you can ‘read now’ for free for as long as you have kindle unlimited. If you buy it then it will forever be in your available library.

I *think* that you can ‘read now’ for free for as long as you have kindle unlimited. If you buy it then it will forever be in your available library.
Yeah I think I managed to work that out. It seems I can 'borrow' books on the read now the return them when I'm done. I'm assuming once my free trial of Kindle Unlimited ends then I'll lose them tho.

More importantly, why did you randomly post this in the 2022 thread?

Anyway - the reason I came looking for you…

This seems up your alley from previous snippets I’ve seen you comment on (plus it’s set on the Isle of Wight)?

1680983025437.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom