Books you've read in 2022

How are you coping with this so far? Which brother do you fancy the most?
I’ve reached page 110 not much is happening.

Ivan or Aljosja... maybe Aljosja. I have a tingling he's whodunnit :o

I doubt there'll ever happen much, just a lot of philosophical talk. I hope I'm not too thick

I think so too. Let’s just hope it doesn’t get too heavy on the philosophy. I find it hard to put it down despite the drivel, but so far it’s not as exciting as Crime and Punishment (and I doubt I’ll like it as much).

Alyosha for me too. ❤️

Last edited:
Maybe I'll join you ladies after I finish my Yanagihara remix.

we'll be waiting, anticipating

madonna-evil.gif

Mine arrived tooooo :disco:

I just finished The People In The Trees so I’m now ready to crack on with The Brick tomorrow

I finished Beautiful World, Where Are You. In all, I liked it, even though I found some of it tough to read. I couldn't really relate to any of the characters, but maybe that isn't as important as I make it out to be. I still found them pretty fascinating, especially the dynamic between Alice and Eileen and between Alice and Felix.

The ending being during lockdown just made me feel dread, since it reminded me so much of real 2020. But also it was hopeful.

I think I'm going to start The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune tomorrow. My mother got it for me since she thought I'd like it

Or maybe The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. I've owned it for years and I think it might be similar to Wally Lamb or John Irving, two of my favorite authors

I've owned The Corrections and Freedom by Franzen for years too but everytime I go to the shelves to pick out a new book I always ignore them :D

Two weeks have passed and yet I’m still at page 236 (of 776) with Brothers Karamazov. Every page is like 10 pages, and it’s not even boring, minute descriptions of scenery and the likes but mostly dialogue where everything that can be said in two words is expressed in twenty.

Oh my god enough about that boring bitch. Aren’t there other books around?

View attachment 7410Currently reading and enjoying this

Did a 6 hour marathon of reading to finish this today, excellent first read for the year 5/5

@Mats you would probably enjoy the series, it’s very much a family/crime saga with a lot of plotting and scheming (the magical parts are really more of a flavor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom