🌹Britney's Indefinite Work Hiatus: The Instagram Years🌹

can't say i'm a proper fan which makes it strange that i feel quite so bad for britney and all the jokes about her condition really bug me. she just seems so innocent somehow... i hope she pulls through this or and surrounds herself with decent people to help her if it's true that she is somehow trapped.

can't say i'm a proper fan which makes it strange that i feel quite so bad for britney and all the jokes about her condition really bug me. she just seems so innocent somehow... i hope she pulls through this or and surrounds herself with decent people to help her if it's true that she is somehow trapped.

She’s not THAT innocent :basil:

But yeah

I don’t quite buy into the notion that as far back as Everytime she was sending covert messages to video directors. She seemed very much in control back then.

But yeah, I do wonder if this whole fiasco is going to make people take a really close look at how she functions as a “pop star” and perhaps question whether anyone who is supposed to be safeguarded under the protection of others should be working within an industry that is notorious at the best of times.

I don’t quite buy into the notion that as far back as Everytime she was sending covert messages to video directors. She seemed very much in control back then.

But yeah, I do wonder if this whole fiasco is going to make people take a really close look at how she functions as a “pop star” and perhaps question whether anyone who is supposed to be safeguarded under the protection of others should be working within an industry that is notorious at the best of times.

Nah, Everytime is where it kicked off I reckon.

6 months prior at the start of 2004 she is on Ellen, interviewing totalling engagingly and doing marvellous Toxic performances over US TV shows. But by this point she starts killing herself in videos, her knee goes, tour is cancelled, a GH is chucked out to show face, dodgy covers are released, Kevin Fed becomes her main man and she completely stops promoting whatsoever. It sort of seems like once Toxic solidified her she sort of went ‘fuck it, job done, I’m going to live my life my way’ and it all went down.

Last edited:
I said at the time that the "Everytime" video was one of the most significant moments of that year in music and it has only become more so with time. It is absolutely a look inside her psyche; it depicts a deep desire to escape and an engagement with the notion of life-cycles and impermanence that, whilst normal for a woman of her age at the time, had rarely been so explicitly shown in a music video.

6 months prior at the start of 2014 she is on Ellen, interviewing totalling engagingly and doing marvellous Toxic performances over US TV shows.

god, that makes me feel so young...

I said at the time that the "Everytime" video was one of the most significant moments of that year in music and it has only become more so with time. It is absolutely a look inside her psyche; it depicts a deep desire to escape and an engagement with the notion of life-cycles and impermanence that, whilst normal for a woman of her age at the time, had rarely been so explicitly shown in a music video.

can we officially call it the best thing she's ever done?

Larry Rudolph speaks out - "Britney may never perform AGAIN!" :o

• In the ongoing saga that is Britney Spears and the battle over her conservatorship, her longtime manager and friend Larry Rudolph released a statement to TMZ that may shock and scare some fans ---- the legendary popstar may never perform again.
  • Larry, speaking to TMZ, said: "As the person who guides her career -- based on the information I and all of the professionals who work with her are being told on a need-to-know basis -- from what I have gathered it's clear to me she should not be going back to do this Vegas residency, not in the near future and possibly never again."
  • Larry, whom has never been a part of her conservatorship, says that things are really bad right now.
  • Speaking on the cancellation of the Domination residency set to begin in February, "It was the perfect storm. We had to pull her show because her meds stopped working and she was distraught over her dad's illness."
  • Rudolph also reiterated he knows when Britney is Britney and he says he hasn't felt that in months. "Last summer, when she wanted to tour, she called me every day. She was excited. She hasn't called me in months. Crickets. She clearly doesn't want to perform now. I don't want her to work again 'till she's ready, physically, mentally and passionately. If that time never comes again it will never come again. I have no desire or ability to make her work again. I am only here for her when she wants to work. And, if she ever does want to work again, I'm here to tell her if it's a good idea or a bad idea."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/15/brit...olph-perform-vegas-residency-conservatorship/

She may never perform on HIS terms again, and I’m not entirely unhappy about that.

She seems a bit wired to me, although I like the sharp HELLO at the beginning. Is she still locked inside the well let's call it HOTEL?

I hate that feeling of KNOWING you look haggard but being unable to do anything about it in that moment. The worst is when you're talking to someone in a lift and you catch sight of your reflection in bad lighting, ugh. I empathise Britbrit!

Last edited:
I just noticed the text on the first part of the video “sorry for the black mascara running down the side of my face, I just got off a jetski” :D

What is she saying, nobody really asks if the news is really real? :D I think people are asking that more than at any time in history!!

She looks the same in the video as she does in the supposedly unflattering photos?? She is nearly forty so not bad[/VoR]

She looks the same in the video as she does in the supposedly unflattering photos?? She is nearly forty so not bad[/VoR]

considering what the poor thing has been through (besides, she's WHITE). Lindsay WISHES and as for lessers (Demi, Selena, etc) we'll see. Xtina looks good but I bet she's had far more work done that Brit.

Xtina's mouth isn't botched, she just had fillers which aren't to your taste and will fade away after a while. Britney actually did something irreversible.

She's looked like this for a couple of years now. You sure it's temporary?
d300e39381be4940c1e6fd786c61bd65.jpg

I imagine (hope) this is more temporary
xtina750x-_0.jpg

I mean, she's clearly painted around the lips - the lip itself is a bit fuller but hasn't changed shape or anything like Britney's has

"Britney are you going to perform again?" "Of course"

Being Britney (or presumably any other mega-famous person who's not a recluse) looks absolutely TERRIFYING. No wonder she's such a mess. And those paparazzo are such slimy creeps, it's disgusting

Being Britney (or presumably any other mega-famous person who's not a recluse) looks absolutely TERRIFYING. No wonder she's such a mess. And those paparazzo are such slimy creeps, it's disgusting
That's nothing compared to being Britney ten years ago:

g-ent-080226-paparazzi-10a.grid-6x2.jpg

cf1a8a7985429f281b96daa47134844e.png

Although this is the quintessential paparazziney moment:

Crazy woman: BRITNEY, NOBODY WANTS YOU IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD
Jamie Lynn: WELL THEN MOVE THE FUCK OUT! :angry: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom