Brittany Murphy DEAD

Jark

User
:moira:

According to TMZ she went into cardiac arrest and couldn't be revived. She was 32.

:o:(

I thought something was up with her for a while, she had been looking really wierd, a shadow of her former self

poor girl.

Meh :(

clulss.jpg

Blimey!

Just the other day I saw her on the cover of some new straight to DVD comedy in HMV and got to wondering what had happened to her career... Was she known to be on drugs?

She did a few good movies but I will remember her most fondly for this classic...

Last edited:
Just reading... her husband almost DIED last month after collapsing.

Sounds they were a pair of DRUGGIES

Drugs or anorexia or both. She hasn't looked well for years.

The traditional clearout period between Christmas and New Year is going to have a few celebrities sleeping uneasily this year, that's for sure.

She definitely wasn't "known" to be on drugs. A few celeb sites questioned it every now and then but seemingly only because she always looked a bit excitable.

Seriously though, what a YEAR.

But it's understandable - we are coming to a period where the people from the first (for want of a better term) 'pop culture expolsion' of the 1950s are getting on a bit, so there's sure to be a name we all recognise passing on every few days. As more and more micro-celebs have become apparent over time this trend will only get bigger. Remember that Simpsons episode in the future, "the following celebrities died today"? That's exactly what it's going to be like fairly soon.

But it's understandable - we are coming to a period where the people from the first (for want of a better term) 'pop culture expolsion' of the 1950s are getting on a bit, so there's sure to be a name we all recognise passing on every few days. As more and more micro-celebs have become apparent over time this trend will only get bigger. Remember that Simpsons episode in the future, "the following celebrities died today"? That's exactly what it's going to be like fairly soon.

I always wondered about that - surely there are enough famous people that it should be a surprise if there's a day when a "celebrity" doesn't die? But I'm well aware that the stats don't back that up. Yet.

Tis true. Media is massive these days and popular fame is now 'of a certain age' which means we lose MORE and MORE and MORE.

My word, I just watched her in 'Just Married' recently. She was a bubbly, down-to-earth actress. This is shocking!

Last edited:
I don't think I ever saw her in anything and just regarded her as a name I hear occassionally, now I've just found out she was the voice of Luanne in King of the Hill :(

Aw. I loved her. I'll never forget her presenting CD:UK coked off her tits.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlbwEhvEGI0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlbwEhvEGI0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

She seemed really nice

A huge shame. She has some great films under her belt. 'Clueless' 'Girl Interuppted'.

She did go off the rails the last year though. Wouldn't be surprised if it was drugs :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom