Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
So for his first proper album in seven years Bruce is following in the footsteps of Kylie and going a lil bit country, though he words it in a somewhat more verbose way. Album out 14th June.

The lead is Hello Sunshine which is the best thing he has done in ages.

Beautiful.

I have only got into Bruce recently, so am totally here for a new album.

Love him of course and can't wait for this. Also great that it's released on the same day as Madame X. RESPECT YOUR LEGENDS & ICONS, children.

Love him of course and can't wait for this. Also great that it's released on the same day as Madame X. RESPECT YOUR LEGENDS & ICONS, children.

Is that a chart worry? He's coming off a run of #1 albums, isn't he?

Is that a chart worry? He's coming off a run of #1 albums, isn't he?
I would say he's definitely going to deny her of a US No. 1 album. She's probably safer in Europe & Latin America off the back of Medellin.

UK could go either way. Wouldn't even be surprised if neither of them end up at No. 1 if Ed Sheeran or someone equally terrible decides to 'drop' (ugh) a surprise album or something!

I do hope that it becomes some kind of fun chart battle though. Not some disgusting 'real music' vs. 'talentless slut' misogyny crap but just a good interesting battle of two iconic and legendary artists who are of the same generation and are similar and yet different in many ways.

With sales being what they are, unless there's another big release, or a big holdover from the week before, surely one of them will get it. The Greatest Showman dipped below 10k for the first time last week.

I do hope that it becomes some kind of fun chart battle though. Not some disgusting 'real music' vs. 'talentless slut' misogyny crap but just a good interesting battle of two iconic and legendary artists who are of the same generation and are similar and yet different in many ways.

And a battle based on good old fashioned paid for sales...

And a battle based on good old fashioned paid for sales...
I don't know if he's going for the 'bundle' / multi-format fan-fleecing route the way she is (which in all fairness seems to be the norm for most artists now) but I would think that in the US at least he has more hardcore / casual fans than she does and I'd wager to think his streaming numbers are better too. I would still be curious to see how it turns out as she really seems to be putting an effort into the promo work this time...

i quite like the lead single though i find the phrase "hello sunshine" a bit too cheesy.
he seems to be having a bit of a renaissance. looking forward to the album, definitely.

Yes very much looking forward to the album. He's said it is more in line with Tunnel of Love (which I like very much) and Devils & Dust (which I never gave much of a go, so will have to give a spin).

There's the Broadway special on Netflix I haven't watched too, though I do remember noting it was quite long.

i find the lyrics a bit naff but i'm still quite onboard. i can totally see this sweeping the grammys next year.

He sounds so different when he uses that voice. Another good one, if not close to Hello Sunshine which has to be right up there with my favourites of the year.

Gorgeous. I could listen to this man's voice all night regardless of the words.

I could definitely do with a binge right about now.

Finally getting round to listening to the new tracks. Gorgeous stuff.

Reactions: Zu
video for tucson train.

not sure i'm liking these as much as i would like to tbh.

On first listen Tuscon Train is fine but I don't think that it is as good as the other two. I'm usually a sucker for some strings but not sure I am loving them here.

I've been enjoying the album very much. A couple of songs maybe could do with a little less sweetening from the strings, though saying that Sundown is one of my favourites and that is all strings and SHA LA LA backing vocals. Moonlight Motel is quite beautiful and very :( too - Hello Sunshine and that finish the album off in fine fashion.

Same here, it’s great. I love “Chasin’ Wild Horses” and “Sleepy Joe’s Cafe” is a BOP.

Sleepy Joe's Cafe is so jolly, it's great. I do enjoy his story stuff.

I have also become quite obsessed with watching the Tougher Than The Rest video. Peak eighties stadium Bruce action and flame haired Patti making eyes to a frankly indecent degree (not that she can be blamed):

western stars emerged as my favourite from this album.

Reactions: Zu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom