BURIAL

Untrue really is GOD'S ABOVE. Every time I listen while out on a midnight walk of an evening I'm a little sad I never get raped and murdered to it AS BEFITS THE MOOD as WHAT BETTER ALBUM TO DIE MISERABLY TO HAS EVER BEEN RECORDED?! :disco: :( :disco: :disco: :disco:
Well there is still hope as long as you're still alive!

:D:disco: I’d say that ‘In McDonalds’ should BY LAW be the soundtrack to each of our VERY LAST BREATHS!

As for "Untrue" it MIGHT have been my first introduction to 'underground' electronic music. I might actually prefer the self titled album though but it's difficult to pick between them.

I was settling down to an evening with Kölsch’s ‘1989’ but no prizes for guessing what’s on NOW!

*gets bus to Custom House*

I remember buying "Untrue" unheard because I was almost fed up reading about the bugger. So it was a bit of a surprise when the hype turned out to be BANG ON.

I think we should have a think about where we might want our BITTER ENDS and GRISLY MUTILATIONS to happen

1. Thamesmead (‘Dog Shelter’) - Left for dead next to the weeping one-eyed donkey
2. West Silvertown (‘In McDonalds’) - Cut to ribbons and thrown into Royal Victoria Dock, with Millennium Mills the solitary, silently sobbing witness
3. Camberwell Green (‘Near Dark’) - Split in two and no-one heard the screams

:disco::disco::disco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this being bumped and am sampling Burial as we speak (although I suspect I have before).

I want to be raped and killed to 'Come Down To Us'.

Come Down To Us is SENSATIONAL! God I miss spending the whole of winter 2013/14 hysterically contemplating hanging myself while it was invariably on in the background :disco:

:argh: Can someone fax him this minute and tell him to PACK IT IN. ‘Rodent’ was alright I suppose, but quite frankly I wish he’d been incapacitated or gone deaf after the Rival Dealer EP because then we could have had the most soul-shredding and breathtaking final statement EVER in the form of ‘Come Down To Us’ and we wouldn’t be going down this sorry road of ever-diminishing returns and TAT

:argh: Can someone fax him this minute and tell him to PACK IT IN. ‘Rodent’ was alright I suppose, but quite frankly I wish he’d been incapacitated or gone deaf after the Rival Dealer EP because then we could have had the most soul-shredding and breathtaking final statement EVER in the form of ‘Come Down To Us’ and we wouldn’t be going down this sorry road of ever-diminishing returns and TAT

:D !

I remember listening to the clips of those new songs but the crackle was so loud I couldn't make anything of them.

It’s only because it’s Burial that I went for more restraint than usual and didn’t say that I wished he’d been chopped up for Chum

Who EXACTLY at Hyperdub or Ronco or whoever he’s with at the moment is gasping OH WOW STUNNING INCREDIBLE YES when he turns up with the currently rather mediocre and sub-par goods? Talk about BURIAL BLINDNESS

Look, the lad has managed to wring a career out of those 8 bars in the middle of "Teardrop" by Massive Attack where everything drops out except that scratchy beat and the smoke alarm going off in the distance. There was always gonna be a sell-by date.

Hey ho. At least I’ve got Abul Mogard now for the VLADIVOSTOK SNOW DEATH experience :disco:

(Not to mention a certain little something I’m about to download on Bandcamp :weed:)

He has collaborated with THE BUG:o:disco: on a new 2 track EP called Flame 1 which is coming March 30.

I dunno, I kinda preferred K_Mart when he was blasting a sax in God or setting the levels to red with Justin Broadrick in Techno Animal but I shall bend an ear to this for sure...

You can listen to both tracks on Bandcamp:

I really like them both. I hope there's more coming.

Have we already discussed Burial’s best track which is a fanmade loop of a 30 second clip from an unreleased track.

We’ve not :tongueout:

I often wonder what on earth Burial does for money. Surely the royalties can’t be flooding in. Does he sign on? Force people to watch his videos for cash tips on Cam4? Work at the KFC? @OutSynk, put on your stalking beret and find out where he lives so we can pop round and ask him

I think, to this day, we've only seen one photograph of him and I think that only happened because Keiran Hebden was fed up with being asked if he was Burial.

I don’t think I’ve seen this one before

burial-kode-9.jpg

He looks like he might be quite tall. Quite tasty IMO :horny:

Judging by that pic, there's a good chance he figures in the "security community" when he's not dropping bangers...

(NB - have to agree, I would definitely let him "bury" something in me...)

Reactions: Zu
I’d willingly bend over for a serving of the thick and delicious goods when it’s NEAR DARK in a DOG SHELTER :horny:

At least I'm a lady. I have an extra piece of Ghost Hardware for the boy.

Reactions: Zu
On a Burial employment (rather than nice thick cock) front, a post from 2015 on Reddit suggests that, “According to Kode9, [Burial] is very well taken care of and doesn’t need to work if he doesn’t want to want to.” Which makes it sound like (a) Kode9 pays the bills for some reason and / or (b) he and Burial are DOING IT or (c) Burial lives in some sort of HOME :side-eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom