BURIAL

I think it’s kind of alright but I’ve not PAID for it or anything rash like that. In fact I’ve not even sourced it for FREE

In fact I don’t think I’ve listened to it all the way through :tongueout:

Part of me admires his one-EP-every-two-years-and-so-fucking-what-about-it approach but I also think it's an absolute waste of his talent. Who knew it would be Burial who became the Status Quo of downtempo? :(

Reactions: Zu
Dammit - Bandcamp is blocked in my work.

I've already had 20+ new release e-mails from Bandcamp since late last night. And they keep on coming...

Dammit - Bandcamp is blocked in my work.

I've already had 20+ new release e-mails from Bandcamp since late last night. And they keep on coming...

Yeah, no fee Friday seems like it is going to be a regular thing. As I'm moving house, I can't do any purchases, but I have been sent the promo of this, so I've been rolling out the Burial remix quite happily.

They're doing it November and December and then that's it.

As much as it's a good thing, it's also completely ruined any notion of a release schedule - everything comes out on Bandcamp Friday. Also, a lot of people clearing out the demos/offcuts cupboards rather than having anything new.

They're doing it November and December and then that's it.

As much as it's a good thing, it's also completely ruined any notion of a release schedule - everything comes out on Bandcamp Friday. Also, a lot of people clearing out the demos/offcuts cupboards rather than having anything new.

Vaguely related, it was superb to see you get picked up on a Bandcloud email. Aiden is possibly THE Bandcamp person, so a great thing to be a part of.

Vaguely related, it was superb to see you get picked up on a Bandcloud email. Aiden is possibly THE Bandcamp person, so a great thing to be a part of.

Yeah, I was well pleased with that. Bandcloud are definitely seen as a very reliable filter, if that's the right word.

I think we should have a think about where we might want our BITTER ENDS and GRISLY MUTILATIONS to happen

1. Thamesmead (‘Dog Shelter’) - Left for dead next to the weeping one-eyed donkey
2. West Silvertown (‘In McDonalds’) - Cut to ribbons and thrown into Royal Victoria Dock, with Millennium Mills the solitary, silently sobbing witness
3. Camberwell Green (‘Near Dark’) - Split in two and no-one heard the screams

:disco::disco::disco:
Bumping this post in celebration of Halloween.:emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass::emoji_dancer::emoji_coffin:

:D Since when do we all DIE on Hallowe’en?

ALWAYS AN OPTION I SUPPOSE

It’s December so time for some brand new Burial.

Vinyl and second track are released on 2nd April 2021 or thereabouts, preselling now, Chemz is available right away.

Burial returns with a flash of light at the end of the 2020 tunnel.

‘Chemz’ is hooky, rushy and loved up - both an unhinged premonition of unleashed post-pandemic joy and a demonic flashback to past ecstasies in a hardcore style perfected in the UK. ‘Chemz’ is a 12 minute rave monster that has ingested several tracks and incorporated them into its distended body.

I love that! Sometimes his music is a bit too SUBTLE for me, but the synths and sample really work for me

Will need to get this in my lugholes when I get home. Always up for a bit o' Burial, even if he's a had a few clunkers in the last 5 years or so. It's like Bowie, you'll always give him a chance, innit?

I think this is a bit of a MESS personally but will give it another try.

After 6 months of waiting the b-side to Chemz is finally here and it's 9 minutes of crackles and dolphin sounds and 10 seconds of actual music.:disco: Love it!

Thanks to the kindly adminer (or adminette) who has restored this thread to its rightful place and we can once again openly discuss where we’d like to be murdered to specific Burial songs

God, Chemz really was / remains fucking amazing. That “When we’re alone / I really didn’t know” section which starts at 08:19 sets me off NO END :disco::(:disco::(

Entering dreamworld here but imagine if we got an ALBUM this year. There have been so many terrible upsets (SOPHIE, Sarah…) that it would only be right for the purposes of balance :disco:

Why has there been no further discussion about the Antidawn EP? You vile, ungrateful hags. It's not far off being 45 minutes of 'In McDonalds' in terms of tone, and leaves me feeling entirely satisfied (for once :tongueout:)

I'll need to give it another go - I got about 6 minutes in and was completely unmoved. I thought it was him but I SUPPOSE it could have been me...

Listening to Hospital Chapel
nPONllB.jpg

Oops. In an hour then. Though it looks like it's more ambient NONSENSE which requires patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom