Canada's Drag Race Season 2 Discussion

I'd rather the bitter dregs in the Untucked lounge were deciding. After the lip sync just an ultra quick cut to of catty comments and their votes tallied up.

Finishing the finale again. This is quite the song. I guess along with a Snatch character, queens really should prepare a rap verse or 2, a stand up routine and perfect a dress you can make.

I'd say Kendall is my favourite and I'd choose their show of the 3, but Icesis is my choice for The Drag and they have the more lethal strike, although Pythia's bag of distractions are always a solid 8 and I think she would be the obvious pick.

This is Pythia's, surely, it was so assured and that thankfully restraint, but my god at Kendall giving it her all to a song only she can hear and Icesis struck some striking poses. I very much enjoyed.

my concentration during this season has been up and down but i'm delighted that (spoiler?)
Icesis
won. What a STAR and one of the best ever.

Oh.
That was my reaction after that Pythia winners edit not going the way I thought. That last lip sync was gorge with the chiffon! And that finale look was STUN

Kendall HULK SMASH-ing it like she was lip syncing to Work Bitch was NOT the moment. I didn't love her runway either - I mean the cultural points sure, but going on about the 3-hourglass figure was all well and good but it looked quite deflated, like she'd half-wriggled out of a sleeping bag.

Anyway I hope to see Pythia on International All Stars or whatever, she was too good and I loved her. But I mean I don't begrudge Icesis after her performances in the series, but yeah, why can she just look like a normal person and in confessionals always look so sneery and allergic? And I didn't really go for the finale runway, especially after the teeth whitening stuff was taken out.

Some of the eliminated queens' finale looks were amazing though - Stephanie Prince (hate that name) with the Egyptian fantasy, Suki with her asian costuming, Kimora Amour (hate that name) looking good for once, and Margaret Hamilton Adriana looked amazing.

I don't GET Kendall Gender, they are giving me RosƩ and Ella Vaday vibes where it feels like they are just doing drag as it's SOMETHING TO DO rather than the genuine love of the artform that Icesis and Pythia clearly display. They can perform though, so I will give them THAT.

WINNER:
SO THRILLED for the winner! What a QUEEN! My favourite from the start of the series, and an obvious winner once they did the reunion and all of the eliminated queens just acted like Icesis had already won :D

One of my all-time favourite queens. I hope they get to appear on an international season at some point. Now this series is on iPlayer I might REWATCH the earlier episodes again to re-follow their journey

and this of course was possibly the greatest Drag Race moment of the year:

QUEEN! Canada should be SO PROUD!

I mean I donā€™t blame her if drag isnā€™t lucrative and she has another career. The Toronto scene isnā€™t exactly booming.

I sympathise because it must feel quite awful to go onto a show like that and not come across the way you wanted to, but also Eve didn't come across THAT badly? There was a little bit of messiness in the workroom, but she also looked consistently stunning on the main stage and proved she's a talented performer. There was also her iconic song from the clown rusical, and queens before her have memed themselves into legendary status with far less material to work with.

I mean I donā€™t blame her if drag isnā€™t lucrative and she has another career. The Toronto scene isnā€™t exactly booming.
This is a good point - on the US show there's a reason so many queens relocate to LA after being on, I don't know what the Canadian equivalent would be or if it's feasible to do.

If that's the case then it's nothing do with the way she was portrayed. Plus there are way messier queens who have managed to make a decent career regardless. This is the equivalent of starting an I'm leaving thread for the attention.

It must be a huge comedown after the show, only exaggerated if you didn't perform as well as you expected or like the way you were portrayed. Particularly after you've seen the careers of some of the first season girls going well, and you've spent months thinking the same might happen for you.

Yes, it does seem attention seeking (like drag isn't anyway), but I'll cut her slack for it.

My takeaway of her on the show was that she was messy and actively negative, even when people tried to help her.

So this post seemsā€¦ well, more of the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom