Canada's Drag Race Season 3

This week's lip sync song! :disco: How on earth has it never come up before now?!

Sped through episodes 2 to 4 coz honestly that shit is not worth my time. What a messy season.

I'm so surprised that Moopy doesn't seem to be enjoying this! The cast are great fun, there's lots of drama, and this week had a really cool challenge concept and an amazing lipsync - plus Jimbo!

So far I'm really enjoying Kimmy, Lady Boom Boom, Vivian and Gisele (her runway look this week :disco:). I also have to say that even though she's not really doing the sort of drag I enjoy I honestly can't get enough of Miss Fierce, what an absolutely incredible reality TV personality. Sometimes it's like watching season 6 Laganja, crossed with Jorgeous :D

I honestly thought that the eliminated queen gave a better lipsync performance, but as soon as they cut to Brad losing his shit at a pretty bog standard death drop I knew it was over. Why couldn't it have been a double shantay though?!

I have to say that the 'previously on' montage doing a REWIND to get the viewer fully up to speed on Fierce's nonsense throughout the entire season was a top tier Drag Race editing moment :D

"Honey, this is Snatch Game baby!"

I love that Canada is developing their own running jokes :disco:

Agog at that Lip Sync decision! Boom Boom was head and shoulders above.

Reactions: COB
I was really expecting a double save as both are very much needed for the runway and were definitely making an effort after the Snatch flatlining.

CRJ: that song is just goosebumps times infinity.

Gisele aside, it really was not a good Snatch game. I struggle to think of many memorable turns from the Canadian queens TBH, though the issue of local celebrity probably doesn't help.

Irma Gird is increasingly giving me Trixie Mattel 'all my friends tell me I'm HILARIOUS' vibes.

I really want to like Irma Gird, but am beginning to find it hard to shake the feeling that her name is the best thing about her.

I really enjoyed that episode.

As soon as Gisele mentioned Marie Curie I knew exactly where she was going with it, and nearly died inside when it looked she was going to pivot to yet another pop star.

And what a great runway theme. Boom Boom deserved to stay for her bold choice of Bromine alone.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that episode.

As soon as Gisele mentioned Marie Curie I knew exactly where she was going with it, and nearly died inside when it looked she was going to pivot to another pop star.

Same! I was watching with friends who were like “Marie Curie! That’ll flatline!” and I confidently predicted that she’d have bits falling off and it’d be hilarious. :disco:

I can only surmise that the editors fucking hate Brooke Lynn, as they left in all that "who is Marie CURRY" stuff when everyone else seemed to know her perfectly well :eyes:

I really should stop being surprised by queens picking obviously shit options for Snatch Game, but TWO OF THEM wanted to be human-shaped cloud of vapour ARIANA GRANDE? There is nothing to her! The only notable things are the horrific tragedies that you can't really joke about in Snatch Game

Also: Aziz Ansari? REALLY THOUGH?

I thought it started slowly but got better. Marie Curie was the funniest but there wasn't really much improv, was there? She had the planned physical bits and the characterisation but her actual responses to the questions were a little non existent. Whereas Tammy Faye wasn't as funny but didn't a better job with the answers.

Sad to see Boom Boom go, but delighted with Run Away With Me. US version next please.

Boom Boom ate that lip sync, she didn’t miss a beat and gave us some E-Mo-Tion.

The other one was shite at every turn this week. Baffled by the decision.

Has anyone ever been sent home after turning out a catwalk that strong?

I’m still at first half pf episode 2. This is really a struggle and I can only stomach about 10-15 mins before I turn off.

Aside from not finding the queens interesting at all, I get really annoyed by how everyone speaks (both hosts and queens), most of them sound like dumb teenage girls.

Fabulous runways this week. I was terrified for Giselle, but I also kinda wanted to see how the hell she was going to lip sync in that get-up. :D

There's just a real lack of star quality though. Some of them had funny ideas, but the commercials were pretty much all duds. Maybe it would have been better if they'd been given more time.

OK I just started this yesterday and I don't want to see any spoilers, but I just had to run in here to shout that Miss Fiercalicious is one of the LEAST likeable GONKS I've seen on Drag Race for a long time (and I've just watched that Dovina Nurmi on Espana S1). And what a dreadfully unoriginal name

Cherezon (sp?) is very good for adding a message to every runway, much like Shea Coulee does. Unfortunately, also like Shea, totally humourless, and unlike Shea it’s quite ropey

I’m still weeks behind but things really got better by episode 3. Loved the dance challenge and especially the sleeves runway.

Giselle is adorable and the tattooed one I’ll be saving for the wank bank.

Ok I’m still not caught up but I’m just LA LA LA at the moment but
1) why are we still doing the “Who should go home?” question? It’s just a fairly base tactic of totally unconstructive shit slinging
2) HOW insecure are all these queens to totally fall for it, especially Jada and Kaos who had just received the shittiest critiques for their dogshit outfits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom