Cannons - Heartbeat Highway (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Apparently the first taste of their next album too.

Wonderful, AS PER. I do love disco handclaps.

The last album recently had a very limited vinyl run. All gone now :(

I just had a rage moment thinking that Spotify had NOT recommended this to me and it turns out I'm not even following them :nononono:

This has now been remedied. The last album was of course MAJESTIC and I'm here for this.

@Tisch should be all over these because their last album had so much joyous synthwave, this one more that lo-fi disco vibe that still sounds very similar to some of the last album too.

LOVE IT!

Previous album for everyone to stream immediately:

It does feel very soon but the puff piece I read said it was the first single from their forthcoming album. On their Instagram it says it is the first taste of new music with more dropping this year, so slightly less definite for a full album.

Thank you @funky sweet prince! I've heard some stuff from them before as they come up on my daily mixes but don't think I've heard an album shaft to finish so will definitely make that a priority!

the last album was one of my favourite albums last year and this sounds just as good

Another new song. Solid, but my initial impression is that it isn't as strong as the previous two:

Oh I love the new one. It doesn't do anything new, but I'm ready for a whole album of this.

Another new song this week and the album on 10th November:

I assume it will be digital only again.

Loving the new music so far. It isn't doing anything different but that's OK with me - like other alt-pop bands like London Grammar or Florence or Chvrches they have a very specific sound that serves them well.

Reactions: LTZ
It is very much in the same vein as Bad Tattoo but I'd say it is definitely an improvement:

After a couple of listens I'm feeling it is very good bit not quite up there with Fever Dream.

The title track is stunning (and 'disclaimer' is not a word commonly used in pop songs). Can You Feel My Heart is a very sweet soul dig, though it does have a very abrupt end.

Dancing In The Moonlight (no not a cover of that one, a cover of the other one) works very well as a closer.

Reactions: LTZ
I’ve only had one quick listen and I really quite liked it - only one song really jumped out instantly (I can’t remember which one) but I’ve saved every single new track to my playlist which is quite rare for me. I’ll probably listen to the whole thing in full again when I get a chance

After a couple of listens I'm feeling it is very good bit not quite up there with Fever Dream.

The title track is stunning (and 'disclaimer' is not a word commonly used in pop songs). Can You Feel My Heart is a very sweet soul dig, though it does have a very abrupt end.

Dancing In The Moonlight (no not a cover of that one, a cover of the other one) works very well as a closer.

I’m pretty sure those were the 3 I liked the most as well.

So I listened again today and I know which songs I liked th most now ( :oi: @OutSynk )

The title track and Cry Baby are REALLY good. I'm still going back to the whole album at this point because I like pretty much everything, but those two I love already.

I’ve listened to it once all the way through and there wasn’t a single song I disliked. Fever Dream was magical but this might be just as good after a few listens.

So this is just as good as Fever Dream .. I love them so much!

They put vinyl up for sake on their site, but I don’t want it at £70 delivered to the UK. Hopefully it will turn up at a more reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom