Carly Rae Jepsen - Now That I Found You

Jark

User
apparently there's a new song called Now That I Found You coming this weekend. She's tweeting back and forth with Netflix about it so perhaps it's the soundtrack to one of their shows/movies

PLEASE be the Britney Jean song

(I never thought I’d say that sentence)

I will not have all of Carly's singles restricted to ONE THREAD.

It's just not the done thing.

That sounds pretty wonderful.

Not sure what is happening with the hoodie and tangled net curtain ensemble though.

sure, i wish the wardrobe was better but i'm just happy she's bringing the tunes and at least the hair crisis has been resolved.

Looking forward to the return of the saviour of pop :disco:

Oh this is much more like it and she looks quite good I think.

Bit sick of all these random one off songs now, it's been forever since an actual album emerged.

Bit sick of all these random one off songs now, it's been forever since an actual album emerged.

it's coming this spring, isn't it? or at least it was supposed to. perhaps the lukewarm reception of party for one has something to do with the lack of release date?
incidentally, i'm really into it these days again.

I'm guessing they're just waiting for something to actually stick before dropping it but if that doesn't work (and I'm not expecting this to change it) I assume it'll just quietly...appear.

I have no idea what she has or hasn't been working on but if "Cut to the Feeling" had been a proper hit there's no way we wouldn't have something by now, surely?

Which on another note makes it really sad that "I Really Like You" was the last time she had major success. I guess she's carved enough of a pop-pleasing gay piece of the pie to keep herself in dreadful haircuts for years, but sometimes it feels one rung above Saara Aalto levels of success and much as I love Saara, you'd think Carly would be a few more steps up at this point.

Bringing back the double a side like it’s 1999 :disco:

Not that much to go on admittedly but nothing to make me doubt it will be of her usual sparkling standard:

No Drug Like Me has quite a nice chorus. But it doesn't excite me.

The other one is kinda shit

i love no drug like me, it's a bit of a different sound for her - enough to stand out amongst her other stuff and still faithful to her clean and easy melodies.

the other one has the vocal sample effect that was popular a few years ago, i think it's been long enough for me not to get too irritated by it. it is a classic crjesus number. i never seem to think of them much at first, then the 14th time they suddenly hit me and i think they're absolutely perfect pop.

Last edited:
No Drug Like Me seems like a bit of a grower. I don’t dislike it - but I think it’ll sound better in the context of the album than as a single.

Now That I Found You is great; I hear the comments about the post-chorus breakdown but I love it. In fact the whole chorus reminds me of a mid-00s commercial dance song - like a 2019 Angel City or Intenso Project track or something.

Nothing has quite touched Cut To The Feeling in terms of random singles thus far. But there’s certainly no sudden drop in quality and she still seems to know exactly what she should be doing to appease her small but loyal fanbase. What a woman.

Last edited:
But there’s certainly so sudden drop in quality and she still seems to know exactly what she should be doing to appease her small but loyal fanbase. What a woman.

Agree with all of this :thumbsup:

Both new songs are very good rather than peak CRJ I think, and agree Drug is the better of the two. I reserve the right to change my mind by the end of the weekend.

Music video for Now That I Found You arrives tomorrow.

Good old Carly. Striking whilst the iron is decidedly lukewarm, as ever.

Does anyone know where Cut To The Feeling actually charted? I am assuming #101.

And why on Earth wasn’t it a hit? Though to be fair I wasn’t aware of its existence until about a month after it dropped...

ps i'm kinda enjoying her transformation into hipster christine baranski but that video is rather cringey.

I'm not really moved by a cute cat but the video is fine. It looks like it has a reasonable budget for her too.

Some firm news on an album might be nice.

I should hope it has a decent budget with the amount of product placement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom