Songs Like This 10
Temporary Home 08
This Time 10
Look At Me 07
Unapologize 10
What Can I Say 10
Play On 07

Told you I ADORE her <3

I really hope she goes global with the new album so she can FUCKING COME HERE AND DO A CONCERT

Her label seems a bit resistant to marketing her as pop at all which is strange because so many of her songs have pop leanings but they refuse to send any of them to pop radio or remix them so that's why I don't think an international campaign will happen anytime soon.

She has a duet with Brad Paisley on his new album, "Remind Me"

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJ5_5iBObk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Her label seems a bit resistant to marketing her as pop at all which is strange because so many of her songs have pop leanings but they refuse to send any of them to pop radio or remix them so that's why I don't think an international campaign will happen anytime soon.

It seems to me that US labels are wary of the fates of Faith Hill and Dixie Chicks, both of whom alienated their core country audience by being percieved as "selling out" by recording very mainstream pop material. (Although in the case of Dixie Chicks there was also the political backlash).

It never made sense to me though. Faith Hill had a number of big hits here when she went pop, and sold a fair few albums. But her country stuff just wasn't marketable here so she dropped off the radar.

Last edited:
For Carrie Underwood, I'm not sure making her a pop-country artist is WORTH it for the reasons VoR stated above. It would surely only be to placate international audiences and Taylor Swift didn't do THAT well despite being much more marketable.

Taylor Swift is a funny one because to me there is not a hint of country about her music, beyond the fact that she sings with an accent. She's teen pop through and through.

But then she has had several crossover hits (Moreso in America).

Outside the country charts Carrie has only made any waves with Before He Cheats. I WAS surprised they never pushed that here - but I guess Radio 1 would never have played it.

Taylor Swift is a funny one because to me there is not a hint of country about her music, beyond the fact that she sings with an accent. She's teen pop through and through.

Outside the country charts Carrie has only made any waves with Before He Cheats. I WAS surprised they never pushed that here - but I guess Radio 1 would never have played it.

What Carrie COULD do if she wanted to - and what Faith Hill really should have done - is record "pop" versions of her songs for the international market a'la Shania Twain. Replace the fiddle with a synth line and you're done. :disco:

Although Leann Rimes tried that and wound up losing both audiences.

I guess Carrie's label is happy in that she can almost market her material exclusively to country and still sell over 12 million albums between just three albums, which is a huge feat for the post-2005 albums market.

I think what the distinction here is, Faith Hill and the Dixie Chicks found their massive American successes by primarily servicing their music for the country folk from the beginning. Shania and Taylor BUILT their huge careers off of being crossover acts so obviously the transition into international markets was a little more natural.

Carrie is massively commercial though herself so I think with a bit of re-tuning international markets could GET her but I can see why it's not such a high priority at this point. If she has another "Before He Cheats"-sized hit in America though I think it would be worthwhile to capitalize on it by making the jump to international markets.

And VoR, Swift does remix her songs for international markets like Twain did (she does it for American pop radio as well) so maybe that's what you're listening to? I know she's hardly a strict COUNTRY artist either way but some of the album versions of her songs have a few more country elements fiddled with in the pop remixes.

Well I don't really want Carrie to do pop remixes. I love her as she is.
As for Taylor, her first album was the most country-ish. I think that was her best work, now she's just teen pop, which is an evolution in the wrong direction imo.

Taylor definitely has a great pop sensibility, even if she isn't your thing, the fact that she wrote every track on her most recent album by herself is quite a feat at her age.

Taylor's latest album is so much more than teen pop. She's a really good songwriter, a lot of the songs on Speak Now are the thing you expect from someone much older.

She has a duet with Brad Paisley on his new album, "Remind Me"

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJ5_5iBObk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All over this at the moment. Really glad it's become a decent hit (and Brad Paisley's biggest?)

Yeah his first Hot 100 top twenty, I think. Will probably outsell Kelly and Jason's "Don't You Wanna Stay" as the best selling country collab ever

Kelly Clarkson has been doing her own version of The Greatest Song of All Time "I Know You Won't" recently

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9loaM8tae1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hot vox but I'll keep Carrie's thanks

And don't fuck with the lyrics

Last edited:
I hate that song so much. When Kelly inevitably goes into country I do hope she avoids ugly Carrie Underwood-esque power ballads. 'Cry' gives me reason for concern.

Wow, what a monumentally awful opinion.

Not liking ugly, cold Carrie Underwood power ballads is an 'awful opinion' now? Oh wow. Excuse me for not enjoying a robot screaming "You say you'll come but I know you won't" at me for four minutes.

Not liking ugly, cold Carrie Underwood power ballads is an 'awful opinion' now? Oh wow. Excuse me for not enjoying a robot screaming "You say you'll come but I know you won't" at me for four minutes.

She doesn't so of course you won't enjoy it. She sings 'You say you'll call but I know you won't'.

Last edited:

You sunshine, need to realise this isn't Digital Spy. We won't put up with your shit.

If needs must and to get this hideous attitude out of your system - stick on a bit of Dolly, whip out the sticky WWE magazine from under your bed and knock one out over your favourite steroid-loving 'diva'.

You sunshine, need to realise this isn't Digital Spy. We won't put up with your shit.

If needs must and to get this hideous attitude out of your system - stick on a bit of Dolly, whip out the sticky WWE magazine from under your bed and knock one out over your favourite steroid-loving 'diva'.

Threatening. Very macho.

That 'threatening' was entirely sarcastic. I held back from commenting on the 'sunshine', but seriously, are you 73?

The fourth album is supposedly penciled in for a March/April release, which means we should hear a lead single by January :disco:

The first single is called "Good Girl"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZR-sAoO8LzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She looks STUNNING (if a bit Edith Bowman in the still)

Last edited:
HFOD - I still could not hum a single Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift song.

I don't give a FLYING FUCK about Taylor Swift but Carrie is something else :disco:

Carrie is a better singer, Taylor's songs are much better and more pleasant to listen to.

I just had a LOSE MY SHIT moment to this, having forgotten about it - mid-song standing O :o

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pLLMzr3PFgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And hello mister beardy :horny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom