Cat Power - 'Covers'

The Queen Of Pop returns with a new covers record.

1637436726587.png

What's your favourite album by Chan Marshall?

I saw her perform live once. It was excruciatingly uncomfortable but somehow compelling at the same time. She clearly was someone who needed to have good people around her in life at that time and I hope she had them. ‘Covers’ track list.

1Bad Religion
2Unhate
3Pa Pa Power
4White Mustang
5A Pair of Brown Eyes
6Against the Wind
7Endless Sea
8These Days
9It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
10I Had a Dream Joe
11Here Comes a Regular
12I'll Be Seeing You

I saw her perform live once. It was excruciatingly uncomfortable but somehow compelling at the same time. She clearly was someone who needed to have good people around her in life at that time and I hope she had them. ‘Covers’ track list.

1Bad Religion
2Unhate
3Pa Pa Power
4White Mustang
5A Pair of Brown Eyes
6Against the Wind
7Endless Sea
8These Days
9It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
10I Had a Dream Joe
11Here Comes a Regular
12I'll Be Seeing You

I can’t recognise a single title there :D
Except These Days but I presume it’s not a Bardot/Jennifer Paige cover

1. “Bad Religion” – Frank Ocean
2. “Unhate” – Cat Power – Chan Marshall
3. “Pa Pa Power” – Dead Man’s Bones
4. “White Mustang” – Lana Del Rey
5. “A Pair of Brown Eyes” – The Pogues
6. “Against the Wind” – Bob Seger
7. “Endless Sea” – Iggy Pop
8. “These Days” – Jackson Browne
9. “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels” – Kitty Wells
10. “I Had a Dream Joe” – Nick Cave
11. “Here Comes a Regular” – The Replacements
12. “I’ll Be Seeing You” – Billie Holiday

oooh, white mustang!

sidebar: the first time i heard rihanna's stay was the cat power version. it's still the definitive one for me.

I don’t know who this person is but I always hate it when someone releases a covers album full of songs I’ve never heard of. Your cover of Automatic Shoes by Murgatroyd and the Mincers is lovely I’m sure, but I came here for My Life Would Suck Without U.

I don’t know who this person is but I always hate it when someone releases a covers album full of songs I’ve never heard of. Your cover of Automatic Shoes by Murgatroyd and the Mincers is lovely I’m sure, but I came here for My Life Would Suck Without U.

isn't that the point though? bring attention to songs people haven't heard?
personally, i can't think of anything worse than a bland, x-factor-type ballad take on a hit song. brain shudder.

isn't that the point though? bring attention to songs people haven't heard?
personally, i can't think of anything worse than a bland, x-factor-type ballad take on a hit song. brain shudder.
I like to have a point of reference so I can see what they've changed and compare against the original.

I’m pretty sure @octophone is a huge fan of that song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom