Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Because I think that new Melfest music thread is a nice idea but awful in practice as it ends up in new songs getting less attention than they would otherwise - CASE IN POINT - here's a BRAND NEW THREAD for the BRAND NEW Cazzi Opeia single

Last edited:
Hey @beyonce - this is what a hook is

Total xerox of I Can’t Get Enough. Love it already

The verses on this are KILLER. The chorus is a little bit of a cop out, but it’s still a fun song.

I do wonder how much interest she has in performing an releasing her own music, considering she is now the winning song writer of both Eurovision AND American Song Contest.

I do wonder how much interest she has in performing an releasing her own music, considering she is now the winning song writer of both Eurovision AND American Song Contest.
I think she would love to be a performing artist but it's just not what pays her bills.

Cazzi has done gigs and struggled on performing in different constellations as a live artist for the better part of 15 years. But she basically never got any real recognition until Mello 2022. She's got a passion to perform live and was the artist staying the longest interacting with fans and journalists after each Mello show last year. She did tour a lot last summer and I Can't Get Enough was one of the songs with the longest post-contest life spans. I would be very surprised if she's not back in Melfest already next year.

She does want the song to fit her ID and has some baseline standards to take part however, so don't expect to see her returning with a Moving Like That or BANAS.

Last edited:
The Swedish music industry is notorious for being selective with releases. The reason Cazzi became a songwriter in the first place was simply because she wrote too many songs while struggling to get many released. She then started pitching her songs to other artists just to get them out there. Somehow she got onto a label involved in K-pop and got a hit over there relatively quickly.

More recently G:son and Jansson invited her to some sessions to write for her with Melodifestivalen in mind. Tattoo came about during their very first session and Cazzi was the first demo singer. She felt like while not the best fit for her it still was a great song which required a singer with range who could do it justice. At that stage someone pitched Loreen and they decided to send her the demo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom