Charli XCX - 1999

She could do with a hit of some sort given that her monthly singles from over the summer all fizzled ("Girls Night Out" deservedly so) although her being a big ol' pottymouth ruled out radio play, I guess.
They didn't fizzle, none were intended to do anything - they're all older tracks that weren't going to make the next album/mixtape so they were thrown out for the fans

This is the first that's had a push (video, sent to radio etc) since Boys (#31)

Not sure the extent to which I believe that, except insofar as only "5 In The Morning" got a video.

The whole trajectory appears somewhat...unplanned. Warners seem content just to let her do her thing so there must be a return of some sort coming in (recording costs seem to be very low).

Who the fuck cares

If the songs were good enough they'd have been released at some point before now. Charli clearly isn't arsed so the gays really need to LET IT GO

It's one of her best songs!

EDIT: So to answer your question, I care :tongueout:

this was #59 on Friday, but is now up to #23 on Spotify suggesting top 30 should be in reach this week - that would make it her highest charting single since After the Afterparty (#29 in 2016) - and top 20 ultimately. We love a slow burn hit!

Yeah, it went down to 67 and then back up again.

I would love her to have an actual hit - she's the best pop star we've got but I think becoming a proper "pop star" would probably destroy her.

Still, one thing at a time, eh...

Blimey, this is actually going to "happen".

Maybe she'll give us a proper album if it does...

Fair play to her doing so well. The song has grown on me a bit but I'm still surprised it has leapt so high on Spotify. Just generally taking off I assume?

Will be nice to see her back in the top 20 again.

climbs 24 spots to #17 this week :disco: her fifth top 20 single (third solo)

here's the surprisingly very good Fallon perf

There's a rough round the edges joy in that performance that makes it much more appealing than the studio version. Charli's audible glee at her Michael Jackson bit too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom