Charli XCXssentials / general charles chat

home stretch now with some hi-nrg pitch shifted hot nonsense from the vroom vroom ep :disco: SOPHIE kindly taking us to the RAVE!

I'm still mad at moopy REJECTING Uffie every time I tried to make her happen on JKBX.

Season 8 Dancing GIF

all 3 of this last trio have big "closing track" energy to me. So Over You got a bit lost on Sucker but it's huge. that chorus...

She has a lyrical fixation about ROSES that'd make Tennessee Williams blush :disco:

I remember the day Gone premiered. I was at a drinks with some friends so I couldn't listen live but I checked the reaction and everyone was LOSING THEIR MINDS so of course I briefly left the party to listen to it and promptly LOST MY MIND ALSO

Reactions: COB
The video featuring Charli and Chris having a bit of CAR FUN is a treat and a half, too.

Christine's garbled English lyricism is also iconic :D

am I a SMOKE?
am I the SUN AND
WHO DECIDES?

why do we KEEP
when the WATER RUNS?

:D

also love LOVE that the og lyric was "I feel so unstable, fucking hate my LABEL!" :disco:

quelle surprise that she got censored

the GROWLY, CRUNCHY verses erupting into the huge SUN DRENCHED PANORAMA of the chorus is really what makes You're The One. it's like the clouds parting and the sky opening up. what a song.

I'm dancin' in the darkness
three years before, i was feelin' so heartless...

It's almost a bit WILLIAM ORBIT.

I'm actually sad this is over :D I love this bitch to death.

thanks so much for joining COB, GNL, Zen and (I guess) Tischy

🌹

I'm making this a general discussion thread for Charli. because there's so much of that :eyes:

on a total Charli VIBE tonight and honestly so thankful for the gifts she has bestowed. Tears, ILY2, Emotional... *melts*

*paging Charli correspondent*

@COB do you think she has music in her still that's as good as her best stuff? the last two albums didn't really hit for me

*paging Charli correspondent*

@COB do you think she has music in her still that's as good as her best stuff? the last two albums didn't really hit for me
I hope she has an album of proper non-commercial PC Music stuff ready to go for when she has fulfilled her contractual obligations. Mainstream Charli is fine, but she shines when she leans into the weird and wonderful

I think the last two albums are some of her best work so maybe I'm not the best one to ask :tongueout: But yes, I think there's plenty more good ones (:basil:) to come.
I hope she has an album of proper non-commercial PC Music stuff ready to go for when she has fulfilled her contractual obligations. Mainstream Charli is fine, but she shines when she leans into the weird and wonderful
I also agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom