CHER Misc 2020s

Those added guitars and flashing images get me everytime. Kind of unbelievable that the class of '99 are almost this far into their careers as she, Cher, was here.

My favourite part in the song is:

Look at the headlines:
Big crowd at the crazy house
Long queue for the Joker's shoes
Ten rounds in the ring with love
Do you lose and win or win and lose

Gorgeous. Cher's lair is in no short supply of torn threads that look like toilet paper, but the song and star are perfect - YEAH!

It turns out there is also an alterative, gorgeous edit of the video:

😍

Yes, and they used that dancing footage when advertising Love Hurts for the clip of Could've Been You. For years I wondered where the hell was that video with Cher dancing (ish).

Well if you wanna know about Cher casually walking on stage in her pyjamas to holler The Shoop Shoop Song with Jules Holland backing on the 90s Chris Evans show Don't Forget Your Toothbrush, it's in this clip:

Just watching the gameshow segment and the fan did indeed get the first question correct, the Oscar was won in 1988. I'm mega jealous at the 20 year old gay getting to go wig shopping with Cher though.

She was certainly catering to her audience. When watching how unimpressed (and maybe even insulted) she gets when a show brings out a woman who impersonates her, it did make me recall how Cher at this time basically severed her friendships with Bette and Ms. Ross when she would bring out drag queen impersonators of them.

:D!

did I imagine it or wasn't she working on another Abba album as a follow up? I'm having a bit of a revival with the first one :disco:

we WILL NOT REST until we have Cher's Lay All Your Love On Me!!!

And this is QUITE the SULTRY GEM

200.gif

Happy Birthday to Cher! :D

To celebrate 76 years of Cher's existence, three of Cher's concerts from different eras are premiering on her YouTube channel. They will be available for streaming for 24 hours only!

I don't like that fan group.

I really miss Cher Love, it was an unparalleled database of all Cher's official photoshoots and it really was just astonishing. Sadly the domain changed hands or something. There is a fantastic site called the Cher Scholar and the author (is that the word?) said she knew folks who could try to find out more info on it, but sadly nothing yet.

Her dyslexia caused her issues with all the words she had to sing, but the line from her concerts is that when it surprised her by being a hit (even without a video), she thought to herself "this song's kinda crap".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom