Chloe x Halle

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Anyone into these two?

The Aaliyah-esque Do It is great :disco:

Love love love "Do It". Great R&B, despite the generic trap production.

They're very reminiscent of Brandy to me.

Reactions: dUb
Another standout for me below - much more lush and warmer than the single

I've been listening to the album and there is something EXTREMELY early 90s about them. En Vogue is heavy in this one.

"Ungodly Hour" especially is not even a song I like all that much but I can't help but marvel at how genius is.

Omg "Busy Boy" :disco: :disco: what in the Ashanti feat. Pink & Chingy is going on here?!

Omg. Omg........Omg "Don't Make It Harder On Me"....Omg someone HOLD ME.

If these girls make it big, R&B ballads are coming back :disco: :disco:

Disclosure produced the title song. It's a bit lush. I should check the rest of this out

Isn’t one of them playing Ariel?

OK this album is really superb

Lonely, Don't Make It Harder, Ungodly Hour, Baby Girl, Tipsy and Do It in particular. I love how breezy, fun and bouncy it all is, and some of the lyrical approaches are really unusual.

They certainly were PERKY as youngsters :):) Impeccable taste tho

I absolutely love ROYL...bit disappointed that the album isn't a bit more in that vein tbh, the rest is good but a bit fluffy for me.

Does ROYL have some sort of FKA Twigs connection? It really reminds me of Home With You, but I don't think it's a direct sample.

Very cute and such an enduring SUMMER BOP

Naomi as Ginger was a choix

A PERF for the ages! The hips in the first few seconds!! The militaristic sound effects in the second verse!!! Ded.

Do It remix with Doja Cat

Whatever makes it a hit is fine by ME

Quite dismayed to see it's only peaked at 83 so far if Wiki is to be believed :oi:

I feel like Chloe is the 'better' one but Halle has more star quality. Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom