3. Strawberry Swing
4. Lost!
5. In My Place
6. Violet Hill
7. Green Eyes
8. Princess of China
9. Amsterdam
10. Magic

They are simultaneously the most overrated and underrated band of all time... if that makes sense.

COLDPLAY TOP TEN

1. A Rush of Blood to the Head
2. The Scientist
3. Strawberry Swing
4. Lost!
5. In My Place
6. Violet Hill
7. Green Eyes
8. Princess of China
9. Amsterdam
10. Magic

They are simultaneously the most overrated and underrated band of all time... if that makes sense.

I guess it’s the circles I move in but they’ve always ended up being the group easy to shit on. They’re still really big, it makes people resentful for some reason, even if I think they seem like a quite nice group who have evolved their sound over the years, even if I’ve not really kept up with them

I don’t often seek them out, but for what they are (run of the mill radio stuff, dad rock, whatever) I find them quite good compared to a lot of their peers with a fair share of good tracks. And I find a Chris quite nice and not that egotistical from what I’ve seen. But I don’t follow them at all so cant really comment much.

Higher Power was rather average though given it was Max Martin.

Acceptable Coldplay tracks:
Don’t Panic
Princess Of China (It’s all about Riri obvs :disco: )
The one they did with Beyoncé where she’s not even credited.
Talk (no one remembers this one but it’s actually good)

Talk (no one remembers this one but it’s actually good)
Talk is a classic! X+Y was easily their best/most artistic record. it all went a bit south after Viva La Vida, but like Diddy and Devil I also find Coldplay at best bland, never offensively shit.

OK I've just heard My Universe with BTS and it's... actually lovely. maybe the first K-pop superstars + Western big pop gorl collab I've heard that sounds organic (Boy With Luv too maybe). digging the elegant disco glide of it all.

Sour Candy could never!

Are Coldplay the problem or is it really just Chris Martin?

I liked Higher Power. The one I’ve been hearing and lining at the gym is apparently a remix of the a collaboration with The Chainsmokers apparently. The Scientist is a great track, though it’s the Aimee Mann live version I play.

I don’t pay him enough attention to know why he’s considered a cunt though? What are the cuntish things he’s done?

My GOD, they've released some unmitigated shite during their lifetime but, I can happily listen to these for the rest of my days and pretend they broke up around 2016 or something:

1. Speed of sound :( It just brings back so many happy memories
2. Lovers in Japan (The radio edit, I think it was called the Sun Mix?)
3. Trouble
4. Talk (Thin White Duke Mix) :disco:
5. Lost! (With or without Jay-Z)
6. Sky Full Of Stars
7. Princess Of China (Feat. Rihanna)
8. Midnight
9. Hymn For The Weekend
10. Paradise (don't @ me)

However, I don't have the need to hear The Scientist nor Fix You ever again.

I forgot all about that Chainsmokers collaboration, DIABOLICAL doesn't begin to cover it! It's those type of beige basic "EDM" songs catering to the straights so they don't feel guilty liking that type of music and can lose their shit while justifying themselves "But Bro, it's COLDPLAY so it's ok to like it!", sorry Gavin but I'd rather queen out to the Purple Disco Machine remix of Rain On Me.

12-track album, pressed onto 140 gram, recycled coloured vinyl making every copy unique
Due to the nature of the manufacturing process, vinyl colour will vary." as it's all on coloured, recycled vinyl
Album comes packaged in a 5mm spined outer sleeve, with circular die-cut to front cover, revealing a 4-page Map Of The Spheres insert
Vinyl is housed in a printed inner bag with centre holes and spot gloss varnish
Includes 28-page booklet with additional artwork, lyrics and credits, plus download card

FUCK OFF!
:D The coloured recycled vinyl sounds like it’ll have the look of a load of jumbled up (and dirty) Play Doh

I don’t hate their songs (well, I like ONE OR TWO) or think they’re cunts - there are far worse in the world - but I do hate the name COLDPLAY. Utterly meaningless and it puts me right off

I don't think I've ever especially found myself spitting venom about Coldplay. I don't like most their music, but don't hate it either. They've got some decent stuff spread across a long career.

After saying that I can almost guarantee there are numerous examples of me saying terrible things about them.

They undoubtedly veer into bland, but also know their way around a fantastic melody occasionally.

In terms of white boy stadium acts there are far worse.

Last edited:
I'm going to spend the rest of this evening deciding a scenario in which I'm going to fuck/be fucked by them all.

If it's good, I'll report back.
Surely the best scenario is where they all form a queue and take turns to fill it up? Certainly that would be my scenario.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom