Votes: 0 0.0%

• -

• Total voters

Hak

User
The stream will be up for a few more hours so let's discuss!

How does it stack up agianst her previous efforts?

Dance Alone

Just A Little Bit

What's her chances at the Finals and ESC?

Last edited:
Can’t see this missing the top five should she win.

Last edited:
I'm not quite as enthused as everyone else seems to be, but it's certainly very good and would be a fine entry for Sweden.

I really like that on first listen. sounds like a winner

I prefer Dance Alone tbh, but I know I'm living in the past :(

Betting Odds
Implied Winning %UNIBETBET#%&MARKETS
1Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer20%3.544.3
2Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills16%4.754.255.7
3Liamoo - Bluffin7%12108.2
4Angelino - The End7%121110
5Anders Bagge - Bigger Than The Universe7%121014
6John Lundvik - Änglavakt6%161113
7Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power5%181517
8Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love4%211124
9Niello & Lisa Ajax - Tror du att jag bryr mig4%241824
10Lisa Miskovsky - Best to Come3%262327

Haven't hammered a song to death in its first 48 hours since Here Comes The Night last autumn.

DOUZE.

It’s no Dance Alone (what is?) but it is very very good.

Already looking up rooms in Gothenburg for May 2023 😍

I couldn’t make it beyond the first 20 seconds thanks to her dreadfully affected vox. Kudos to the other members of Love Generation for covering them up.

SOZ.

This is the kind of song that when it wins you look back and think it was obviously always going to win but at the time you didn’t really think that because there were loads of other songs in the mix but it’s obviously going to win

What if "Hold Me Closer" is about Love Generation disbanding? TWIST! :o

It’s that elusive marriage of a great song and performer. The lyrics are poignant and relatable, her delivery suits it perfectly, the soaring chorus is a MOMENT every time it happens, it’s kind of the female Arcade in the sense of it being full of longing that people will connect with and it’s real music adjacent… I will say I agree with SystemAddict about the vocal style especially at the beginning but it works with the song and most people won’t mind at all.

I can’t get enough of it.

I think this would be a great choice for Sweden because it really represents what I like about Swedish female songwriters, it’s very insular and thoughtful, with lyrics that can target your heart.

The second reason is that there has been a growing trend on twitter of people moaning about the conveyor belt pop that Sweden are so good at sending. I don’t think Sweden should pander to the haterz but it’s always good to throw something new into the mix to show versatility.

I really don’t see what the major problems with this staging supposedly are. It’s supposed to be rough around the edges.

I’m sure there are ways it could be tweaked or improved, but I cannot understand why it’s being made out to be such a disaster!

Last edited:
Yes she is meant to be lost and listless, I think the performance works for that. I quite like the spinny light up disc thing too, though it throws me out a bit when they keep on showing the lights behind.

I really don’t see what the major problems with this staging supposedly are. It’s supposed to be rough around the edges.

I’m sure there are ways it could be tweaked or improved, but I cannot understand why it’s being made out to be such a disaster!
I think the performance itself is brilliant, I feel like it’s just the camera work that needs tweaking. I don’t think she needs to do anything more than she’s doing.

Really pleased this has become such a unanimous favourite :disco:

Ooh the studio version of this is 3.19, it has a very long fade. I think listening to the single shows just how strong her live vocal was, it is so similar.

If they don’t want to be shamed by a measly public vote again, I suggest sending neither this nor Klara, although I do quite like this one and there are no comedy outfits involved

If they don’t want to be shamed by a measly public vote again, I suggest sending neither this nor Klara, although I do quite like this one and there are no comedy outfits involved

I don't think the other options will do any better in that regard. Anders and his stage fright, another slick (dancing aside) male pop number from LIAMOO, Faith and her less good Voices, the shell of Robin Bengtsson...

They could send John Lundvik, he wouldn't even get the jury votes this time so there wouldn't be the crushing disappointment.

I don't think the other options will do any better in that regard. Anders and his stage fright, another slick (dancing aside) male pop number from LIAMOO, Faith and her less good Voices, the shell of Robin Bengtsson...

They could send John Lundvik, he wouldn't even get the jury votes this time so there wouldn't be the crushing disappointment.
Luckily I don’t have any of THOSE options in mind :eyes::horny:

Cornelia’s vocal reminds me somewhat of poor hated ROXEN who lots of wicked people on here decided to turn against. The poor love won’t even leave the house now :(

Anyway this IS my second favourite of what’s been on offer from Sweden this year. Oh no sorry, forgot MALOU’S NANAS. Make that THIRD favourite :tongueout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom