Votes: 0 0.0%

• -

• Total voters
I think Medina would perform better than both Cornelia and Klara. I love Klara but I'm getting messy Saara Aalto vibes which might make the semi a bit of teeth-edge ride. I wouldn't be mad at any of them though, and I think it HAS to be one of those 3.

Klara is growing on me now but I struggle to see why she would win a competition that Dotter could not, notwithstanding it being a significantly weaker year. Feels like Cornelia’s to lose still.

Medina is probably the safest bet to get to the final and then do well, but Cornelia is more interesting for sure. I just worry it won't be for everyone and she'll be put in the same prison Anna Bergendahl spent 10 years in.

Even allowing for the new backing tracks rules wouldn't Klara be a little more exposed vocally at Eurovision?

Medina would be very off brand for Sweden, and not a bad thing, but I don't think they'll be selected.

Yeah I think Klara isn't quite as polished as might be needed for a song like that. Especially when you're dressed like a fantasy superhero, the expectation is HIGH

I still worry about Anders and I'm haunted by whoever said it was like if Ant and Dec entered here - the song wouldn't matter because they'd win anyway. PLEASE tell me that's not the case here :( (I actually like the song, but come on...)

Not much new to add other than to say I am still very much all in favour of this, and the bit in the second verse when the juddering synth kicks in is especially perfect.

This song just doesn't get old :disco: I've been hammering it for weeks and it's every bit as CAPTIVATING AS EVER

I note from the studio version she sings "Might be bleeding but don't you mind" in the first chorus but live she sang "I'll be bleeding" each time :david:

I know it doesn't happen often but this has what it takes to be a multi-million selling global hit, Grammys, the lot

Not since Paraná have I felt this way about a song

This song just doesn't get old :disco: I've been hammering it for weeks and it's every bit as CAPTIVATING AS EVER

I note from the studio version she sings "Might be bleeding but don't you mind" in the first chorus but live she sang "I'll be bleeding" each time :david:
It manages a strange effect on the listener, in that you are kind of hypnotically lured into caring deeply about her predicament by the second chorus. Nothing is resolved by the songs end and so you hit replay.

Got to say, been blasting this song out each morning, definitely a fave to win. Well done Swedish Emma Willis 👏👏

emma-willis-blonde-t.jpg

I'll be bleeding but don't you mind
I'll be fine

HELLO IS THAT THE SONGWRITERS HALL OF FAME ON THE LINE ☎️

I had a quick skip through Cornelia's singles from the last few years last night. I think it is quite safe to say she has entered her best song in MF.

To be fair the last single was September 2020, so maybe she has been perfecting her craft over the last year and has some more Hold Me Closers safely tucked in her stage slippers.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Klara by any means

But it's a bit like comparing a tray of Ferrero Rocher to a funsize box of Smarties
:D HPOTW

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Klara by any means

But it's a bit like comparing a tray of Ferrero Rocher to a funsize box of Smarties
Darling compare it to GREEN & BLACK'S don't compare it to the TARTED UP KINDER BUENOS!!!!

But yes, I do think the analogy gets right that they are both excellent but each have their own TIME AND PLACE :disco: Sometimes it's fun to just have a bag of Mini Eggs!

Babe, have you seen the state of this year?

GIVE US MORE SMARTIES!
It's not shaping up to be a great year, granted (incidentally, we ARE allowed to say that now are we?) but it's hardly because of the deluge of earnest ballads. There are what, five? One of which is possibly being changed and another you were raving about yesterday. Plus Hold Me Closer is better than any of them.

I mean, if you're camp Klara then fine - if she wins then I'll be right on board myself as you can never have enough pop fluff at Eurovision.

But the notion that something of the quality of Hold Me Closer would somehow be BAD for Eurovision as a whole is just absolutely bonkers.

I know it doesn't happen often but this has what it takes to be a multi-million selling global hit, Grammys, the lot

Not since Paraná have I felt this way about a song
Honestly - if Arcade could be a global hit, I don't see why this couldn't be either. (Totally here for entering an era of this becoming ESTABLISHED PRACTICE for Eurovision winners too 😍)

I had a quick skip through Cornelia's singles from the last few years last night. I think it is quite safe to say she has entered her best song in MF.

To be fair the last single was September 2020, so maybe she has been perfecting her craft over the last year and has some more Hold Me Closers safely tucked in her stage slippers.
I did find All The Gold quite HAUNTING, but yes - this is easily her best to date

It’s literally NOTHING LIKE Lana after the 40 second mark. :rolleyes:

I'd say Lana meets The Cranberries meets Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Origin of Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom