Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I had the worst cold I have had in living memory a few weeks back. It’s the lack of herd immunity from lockdowns and wearing masks all year long that’s meant it seems more virulent at the moment, but it probably isn’t…

Things don’t sound to clever in Scotland listening to the 6 oclock news. Have things peaked in whatever wave this is yet? Hospitals seem to be struggling. :(

Things don’t sound to clever in Scotland listening to the 6 oclock news. Have things peaked in whatever wave this is yet? Hospitals seem to be struggling. :(
Things are fine at my work, busy but not with COVID. Although I did see this earlier:
F5283E79-AEB7-45BB-9AE8-6B860A5C9052.jpeg

Things are fine at my work, busy but not with COVID. Although I did see this earlier:
View attachment 4936

I don’t think it has quite hit England yet with schools going back later. It will be in the next fortnight probably. Unprecedented and sustained pressure on NHS up this way as far as I can see. Almost hitting 1k hospitalisations, but I am unsure how high that is compared to the peak.

I know this is a bit CWEJBOOKOFSTATS but my Mum is in hospital at the moment (we think urine infection but we’re not entirely sure) and the place was CRAMMED. They’d warned me it was busy but it really was! Every ward I passed seemed to have someone in a wheelchair or bed in the corridor.

Found out last night that my brother has tested positive, with symptoms - apparently he got his first vaccination but didn't bother going for the second one :goodgrief:

EDIT - I do hope he feels better soon OBVIOUSLY :tongueout:

Found out last night that my brother has tested positive, with symptoms - apparently he got his first vaccination but didn't bother going for the second one :goodgrief:
Oh FFS if :( anyway

FINGERS CROSSED LUV

Reactions: COB
Oop! Good luck

I have anecdotally heard more people saying they've had this horrible cold recently than saying they've got covid. With tests involved. Make of that what you will...

I had a BIT of a cold which Vicks First Defence (legend 😍) saw off but a couple of friends had a nasty one.

Oop! Good luck

I have anecdotally heard more people saying they've had this horrible cold recently than saying they've got covid. With tests involved. Make of that what you will...

I've felt absolutely VILE all weekend, as have several of my friends. I only had one close friend contract COVID (that we know of) in the past two years, yet in the past week this cold has knocked us all out.

I had a BIT of a cold which Vicks First Defence (legend 😍) saw off but a couple of friends had a nasty one.

I think @octophone mentioned this on here once, but the slightest sniff of a cold and I'm hitting up the the Vitamin C and Zinc tablets. Really seems to ward it off! And I'm the most cold prone person, I've gone through phases of getting them every 6 weeks for months on end. Although I wonder how much wearing a mask at work has also helped with that!

I think @octophone mentioned this on here once, but the slightest sniff of a cold and I'm hitting up the the Vitamin C and Zinc tablets.

Only thing that's ever worked for me.

There is a bad cold going around, I know a couple of people who've had it. Being out of the office has probably stopped it reaching me but at least two people were absolutely floored with it.

I’m confused. Some theatres are already requiring these - either proof of double vaccination or negative LFT in the last 48 hours. Are they just talking about bigger venues like stadiums and arenas?

I’m confused. Some theatres are already requiring these - either proof of double vaccination or negative LFT in the last 48 hours. Are they just talking about bigger venues like stadiums and arenas?
Presumably venues can still ask, it just won't be a legal requirement. And yes it was only ever going to be for nightclubs and "large events".

I know the Mighty Hoopla last week was asking for proof of vaccine or a negative PCR test. Javid has said he doesn't want to introduce the passports "for the sake of it". Not sure I agree the safety and assurance of literally millions of people would be "for the sake of it" but what do I know? I assume they feel the backlash will be too big, but anecdotally I can't say I agree. Maybe I just hang around with the right people?

No vaccine passports, or PCR tests for double jabbed travellers. It does make me wonder what the HELL they are going to do once the shit hits the fan again in the not so distant future. The NHS is going to get t absolutely pummelled.

No vaccine passports, or PCR tests for double jabbed travellers. It does make me wonder what the HELL they are going to do once the shit hits the fan again in the not so distant future. The NHS is going to get t absolutely pummelled.

I'm convinced that's the plan. Johnson's initial reaction was to do nothing and the donors who buy his wallpaper for him etc have told him 'no more' - it's just about keeping the economy moving now.

I've got two theatre dates booked next month, who like Ellie says are requesting proof of double vacc or negative lft. Does this mean they will essentially be in the same position as supermarkets asking people to wear masks?

Is the expectation that the majority of hospitalisations over the coming months will be unvaccinated people or vaccinated seniors?

I can't quite wrap my head around it getting as bad as it got last year when we've done so well at vaccinating the population.

I've got two theatre dates booked next month, who like Ellie says are requesting proof of double vacc or negative lft. Does this mean they will essentially be in the same position as supermarkets asking people to wear masks?
I mean so far only two theatres have actually asked for it and enforced it, which just involved flashing the NHS app at the entrance without it being scanned or checked. Same with masks as once seated, only about 50% of people are wearing them.

Is the expectation that the majority of hospitalisations over the coming months will be unvaccinated people or vaccinated seniors?

I can't quite wrap my head around it getting as bad as it got last year when we've done so well at vaccinating the population.

I would have thought the fact that the majority of the country is vaccinated should mean that we are on top of it. I am reading stories about Israel who were also on top of vaccinations and have just had their worst spike due to the fact that efficacy of the vaccinations (pfizer) waned.

We were on a train yesterday and the guy next to us suddenly started bragging to his friend about how he is never going to get vaccinated and it’s for losers. :daf: My observation on tubes and trains is that the amount of people wearing masks is the lowest I’ve seen it since this started. The tube is actually much better than the trains commuting into London, but still not great.

We had to do parent meet and greets on Friday and so many didn’t wear a mask in my classroom, but what can I do? I guess this is life returning to normal.

In other news, I have a sore throat and about to do my third test of the week.

I would have thought the fact that the majority of the country is vaccinated should mean that we are on top of it. I am reading stories about Israel who were also on top of vaccinations and have just had their worst spike due to the fact that efficacy of the vaccinations (pfizer) waned.

Reading another article that doesn’t seem to just pick and choose the bad bits it seems that although people caught the delta variant the share of severely ill patients and fatalities after catching the virus was low among the full vaccinated.

We had to do parent meet and greets on Friday and so many didn’t wear a mask in my classroom, but what can I do? I guess this is life returning to normal

This is exactly my work too. Incidentally I went to a school meet and greet on Friday and it was the same, I was one of very few wearing a mask. To contrast that we went to RHS Wisely yesterday and so many did have masks.

No passports in England

Very curious about the decision making process on this.
I suppose considering what we know about vaccines, the passport might not actually have been all that effective in slowing transmission, but the threat of them coming in over the last couple of months may have sprung people into action to get the vaccine.

Obviously some people NEVER will, but from that perspective they’ve probably wrung all of the benefit there is to be had out of the scheme already.

I suppose considering what we know about vaccines, the passport might not actually have been all that effective in slowing transmission, but the threat of them coming in over the last couple of months may have sprung people into action to get the vaccine.

Obviously some people NEVER will, but from that perspective they’ve probably wrung all of the benefit there is to be had out of the scheme already.
There is definitely expert opinion coming down on both sides of vaccine passports, I'm just sceptical how much that was considered and how much was party political.

Very curious to see which way Wales goes, and if this changes anything with Scottish rollout of them.

Incidentally, are people still checking in to venues?
Not unless they ask me to, to be honest. I feel that at the moment loads of people have it, chances are I'll be in a venue with someone with it at some point but being double jabbed the risk to me either getting it or spreading it are very well reduced

I've seen a story this morning that "only 256 of the tens of thousands of deaths in the first half of 2021 were in fully vaccinated people."

Looks like a really impressive stat, but surely in Jan-March when the VAST majority of deaths took place, nobody was fully vaccinated yet! And only 1,200 people died between April and June... so yeah... still a good stat but not mind-blowing when you break it down like that.

Back to the old lateral flow tests and playing with your gag reflex. Guessing the "new" ones were either a temporary thing during a shortage, or didn't work out

still got some of the other type which will be useful when in a hurry.

We have a day of vaccine passport protests planned today all over the country. Where they will protest? Around the hospitals :goodgrief:

Back to the old lateral flow tests and playing with your gag reflex. Guessing the "new" ones were either a temporary thing during a shortage, or didn't work out
Oh no I thought we were finally making progress with something.

I've heard elsewhere people saying they're still seeing the new kits and these are dated May, so maybe a local warehouse had a stash

All I know is locally no one's seen the newer ones for a couple of weeks

Looks like all over 50s will be offered a booster jab. That's much better than just the particularly vulnerable which had been mooted
I think the 500,000 or so particularly vulnerable are getting a “third jab” that is separate from the boosters as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom