Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I honestly think I'd vote TORY if it meant no more lockdowns. It's just shoving your finger on the end of a hosepipe, eventually you have to let go again and.. welp
Plus all the harm to cancer sufferers, the economy, mental health etc.. no ta..

I honestly think I'd vote TORY if it meant no more lockdowns.
:manson:

Look, I know they're unpalatable, but IF a lockdown is the best public health measure, then that is what should be done. The Tory government has overseen one of the worst death counts in comparable countries AND the one of the worst economic hits too. I'd much rather be in Australia and New Zealand. Voting for them because they'll stick their fingers in their ears and let the weak die is ludicrous.

1637961697129.png

1. Oh
2. Who asked you?
3. Go back to breaking the rules while telling us what to do you HOMEWRECKING WHORE
4a. Kinda cute tho with the lighter hair & fat lower lip
4b. JOKING OK

I don't know whether to be terrified at this new variant or not.

I think my response is to internally sigh, mentally adjust to the possibility that life might go to shit again soon and hope fir the best.

Obviously it's arrived in the UK. See you in hell.

BBC News - Two cases of new variant of Covid-19 detected in UK

Omicron cases confirmed in Nottingham and Chelmsford.
Hopefully the people of Nottingham will just shoot at it, it’s been a while since they were best at gun crime.

This all seems to be moving very quickly. I knew it was going to be VERY problematic but I was hoping maybe not until after Christmas.

At this rate I’ll be surprised if even my work Christmas do next weekend goes ahead.

If we have two confirmed cases does that generally mean we probably have hundreds/thousands of people with it?

If we have two confirmed cases does that generally mean we probably have hundreds/thousands of people with it?

I would guess so. There are already 61 cases detected in the Netherlands, albeit all travellers from South Africa.

EDIT: Ignore that - they've tested positive for Covid. It's not known yet if it is the new variant.

Flights from Johannesburg to Atlanta continue? Great. So its probably already here

We don’t know all that much about it yet, so I am not going to FRET just yet. Hopefully having been vaccinated we should be safe against it…

I would guess so. There are already 61 cases detected in the Netherlands, albeit all travellers from South Africa.

EDIT: Ignore that - they've tested positive for Covid. It's not known yet if it is the new variant.
I read that it was 61 people, out of a flight with 600 passengers. And they had all tested negative before the flight. Something weird there

It doesn't really matter though, does it? Once it's here, it's everywhere.

Exactly. I don't know why the news reports are saying "only confirmed in SA at the moment, government working to keep it contained."

How stupid are we supposed to be? Unless you ground every single flight in the world, which will never ever happen again until the human race is over or we run out of fuel (the same thing really) it will spread. They all spread.

We don’t know all that much about it yet, so I am not going to FRET just yet. Hopefully having been vaccinated we should be safe against it…
Exactly and there's no evidence to suggest we won't be.

Okay in the unlikely worst case scenario that it completely evades the vaccine and puts us back to square 1 MAYBE I would be behind lockdown but I'd be wanting much more thought put into whether it's possible to shield the vulnerable while letting the rest of us get on with our lives. I know, it's unfair, life is like that sadly.

But at this stage when the press and half the internet are "waheyyy let's cancel Christmas and lock ourselves at home for 6 months" over a new variant that vaccine experts are "cautious but not terrified" about? No way. We do not need to be leaping to that yet. Get jabbing and FFS please jab the kids.

Mandatory masks
Mandatory vaccination
Encourage working from home

I don't know how this isn't already the approach we're taking.
And of course, by not having that in place already, it means compliance will almost certainly be lower than would be ideal, which makes lockdowns more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom