Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
It's quite odd going from clinical settings where I'm still masked, my clients are still masked and I have to ask all the covid questions still I've been doing for the last two years, back to my office where it feels like a free for all.

Never mind then getting on public transport which now seems really crammed - I know not everyone is back in the office yet, but on many routes here the buses are still running the same timetables they were in the second lockdown.

It's quite odd going from clinical settings where I'm still masked, my clients are still masked and I have to ask all the covid questions still I've been doing for the last two years, back to my office where it feels like a free for all.

Never mind then getting on public transport which now seems really crammed - I know not everyone is back in the office yet, but on many routes here the buses are still running the same timetables they were in the second lockdown.

I think I'd prefer to keep wearing a mask at work, not just because of covid but I do feel it's helped me from catching so many colds too.

I think I'd prefer to keep wearing a mask at work, not just because of covid but I do feel it's helped me from catching so many colds too.
But when you do inevitably catch one, because children are germ factories, you’ll get hit harder because you’ve had less exposure surely?

I barely ever get ill but post lockdowns I’ve had a couple of bugs that fucking floored me.

But when you do inevitably catch one, because children are germ factories, you’ll get hit harder because you’ve had less exposure surely?

I barely ever get ill but post lockdowns I’ve had a couple of bugs that fucking floored me.

Pre masks I literally could catch a cold every 6-8 weeks throughout the year which is really annoying. I've defo caught stuff from the kids but it hasn't been worse than usual. So for me it's a win really!

Pre masks I literally could catch a cold every 6-8 weeks throughout the year which is really annoying. I've defo caught stuff from the kids but it hasn't been worse than usual. So for me it's a win really!
It's trew it's trew but it does mean that if you do get a cold then you could potentially have more pronounced symptoms because of the lack of immune response stimulation with the mask usage.

Last edited:
I suppose you are right in peoples faces

I thought it was more that way, its around 2-3% of recorded infections, those who don't present at medical centres because they don't feel ill enough or out of fear don't get recorded, so the mortality rate is actually way lower.

Coupled with the infection rate apparently flattening out, I predict this being OLD NEWS by March
:basil:

My two great nieces tested positive on Friday, and now unsurprisingly my unvaccinated niece has tested positive this morning. More worried than I otherwise would be about her.

I dropped some shopping off for them yesterday and did take it into the house, but they all stayed in another room while I did it. Not massively concerned about myself and have just tested negative, but I think I'm going to cancel seeing my mum later today anyway.

Shocked at the no more free tests though. And I wonder if there will be a different set of rules for those in healthcare? Seems wrong to go into work if you have covid!

I mean, I tested negative this afternoon but I spent the entire Friday in the same office (about 6 ft apart) with my colleague and she tested positive today (after getting her booster 2 weeks ago) so likelihood of me staying negative by the end of this week are... nicht sehr groß, bien sur. :disco:

The only upside is that by regulations, I'm not considered a close contact cause I didn't see her within the 48 hours before she got symptoms but common sense says "well, I (might have) GOT IT" :D

About 25 people on this bus. Literally the only one wearing a mask.

About 25 people on this bus. Literally the only one wearing a mask.

Same in Tesco yesterday. Was astonished to be honest. There’s loads of it about at the moment- my mum is in hospital and the ward is closed cause of an outbreak (thankfully not her…yet) and OLD ELLEN has had it for about ten days with no sign of the fucker dissipating on her lat flows.

Yeah I don't know what's happening with it all. I guess there's just no reporting on it any more, and every part of the UK just goes ahead with their plans to remove all restrictions whatever happens? I feel iffy about it all.

no more testing here unless you're older than 65 or have a serious condition. also no more testing recommended for close contacts

like a candle in the wind truly x

I have no problem with the world learning to move on and try and cope and adapt, and accept that we can't lock ourselves up forever, but I sort of take issue with humans just generally being so stupid and ignorant. Most people are acting like because there are no restrictions, that there's no risk anymore. Humans collectively are like programmed robots. No wonder it's so easy to rig elections and start wars!

I'm not sure why they have chosen now to send out a barrage of emails and texts encouraging you to report your Covid test results when they are cutting off access to them at the end of the month.

Still avoiding it but they got rid of almost all mask rules when the numbers are higher than ever.

That just seems mental.

There's a new combined variant now called Deltacron which apparently has all the bad points of Delta and omicron 🤦🏻‍♀️

20220312_083746.jpg

Anyone got any ideas???????????? 🤷‍♂️ 🤷 🤷 🤷 🤷 🤷

Also, we had a notification the other day that people working in social care will no longer need mandatory vaccinations.

To recap: The government, in the middle of an active pandemic which is killing thousands each week, have now said unvaccinated people can interact with vulnerable old people in care homes. That isn't 'getting on with our lives' that's dereliction of duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom