Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I wouldn’t say it’s completely gone here. Masks are still mandatory in public transport. You no longer need to wear them in bars and restaurants but everyone still seems to be wearing them when not at their table.

I can’t speak for LOOKS but I hope wearing masks as a personal choice (to DO it rather than to not do it) becomes a bit more normalised. In Japan it’s quite normal in winter, if you have a cold you wear one as a sort of community courtesy (imagine!)

Some women wear them because they can’t be arsed to put on makeup too - which is good for them, sort of shows how much of a pain it still is for them to be obliged to wear makeup too

Also, we had a notification the other day that people working in social care will no longer need mandatory vaccinations.

To recap: The government, in the middle of an active pandemic which is killing thousands each week, have now said unvaccinated people can interact with vulnerable old people in care homes. That isn't 'getting on with our lives' that's dereliction of duty.
Does that also mean the 1st April date for care staff to have a mandatory vaccination has been quietly scrapped? Nuts if so.

The legal requirement for mask wearing ends here on the 21st, but I'm going to keep wearing mine for the foreseeable future. I'm curious to see how many people whip then off IMMEDIATELY, hopefully there'll still be a decent amount of people wearing them.

The legal requirement for mask wearing ends here on the 21st, but I'm going to keep wearing mine for the foreseeable future. I'm curious to see how many people whip then off IMMEDIATELY, hopefully there'll still be a decent amount of people wearing them.

I know some workplaces are keeping the mask wearing requirement after the 21st. The government guidance allows it but I'm not sure how it will go down if you don't have to wear a mask anywhere else.

RIDDLED!

Just in time for the second leg of my holiday. Tested negative twice yesterday and this morning have tested positive. So now stuck in a Belgrade hotel room until I can test negative. So fed up- WHEN WILL I GET A CUNTING BREAK? Of all the fucking times to go down with it...

I am somehow PRAYING it's by Friday so I still get to go to the athletics- I realise this is a long shot, but I think the symptoms started Saturday as I mistook it for a bad hangover and I don't feel too bad, except really tired...

Question:

When you had coronavirus, as you got better, did your LFT positive lines get lighter?

(Still clinging onto the increasingly slender chance I’ll be ok by Friday…)

The UK has seen a 47 per cent week-on-week increase in new coronavirus cases, figures suggest – with an average of 258,155 new symptomatic infections reported each day.

The level of infections is the highest ever recorded in the UK by the ZOE Covid study, which reported a “worryingly high” increase among the elderly and clinically vulnerable.

:bruised:

There is a lot to be said for this waning immunity thing. Anecdotally I have heard of a lot more people getting it with symptoms than the last spike in December/January when we were all freshly boosted. So clearly they’re pretty rubbish.

They’re rolling out the NEXT one from next week. :eyes:

The hospitalisation figures seem to be some way off what they were in January, and less than half of what they were in January 2021. So that's something...

But yeah, this seems to me like the most widespread it's been in terms of everybody just having what feels like a really fucking nasty cold. (And there are still over 12,000 people per week getting sent to hospital, which is obviously no joke)

1 in 20 people in England currently estimated to be infected. In Scotland it’s 1 in 14.

• Sad
Reactions: COB
1 in 20 people in England currently estimated to be infected. In Scotland it’s 1 in 14.
In fairness, it hasn’t really been below about 1 in 25 since before Christmas. We’re in a bit of a spike at the moment but it has been rife for months.

I got a news notification last night about Shanghai, and there is an insane lockdown there linked with extreme animal cruelty.
Won't describe what I saw but it was shocking, had no idea this was going on.

Just tested positive again on day 12 of my current bout, this is getting ridiculous. I don't quite understand what it means any more - all the official guidance was that you don't need to test after day 10 as you're unlikely to still be infectious, but I'm supposed to be seeing my parents soon and they're very cautious. No matter how much I can try to explain the guidance to them, I think they'd veto any visit if I'm still testing positive even two weeks after initial symptoms.

I think it would be best to avoid them if you can until the LF is clear. Hope you're ok otherwise x

My Dad has Covid right now. It’s been 7 days and he’s still testing positive, but my step-mum was away visiting her sister when he got it. She’s been back a few days and they’re just distancing - so far she’s not caught it (she had her 4th vaccination the other week too as she’s old enough for it).

As the weather was lovely, we continued with Easter Sunday plans and did it all in the garden. If it was me with Covid I’d have stayed clear, but since Dad is the main one I’m worried about, no harm I suppose.

Me and dad positive, no doubt mum to follow

Both just started feeling more tired than usual and a bit "bleh", slight temperature. New style LFT said negative, old style deepthroat one lit up like a Christmas tree within seconds

Mostly just concerned for the parents, 69, one with hypertension one with obesity, at least they're triple jabbed

Mates still trying to convince me to go on a beer fest trip (tomorrow) that one of them kindly set up for me as a 40th gift. (Thankfully has a backup mate). I'm eternally grateful and really wish I could bring myself to go, but... yeah I know it's the consensus and the government says it's okay but this shit, though "mild", is still fucking unpleasant and I can't really bring myself to go strolling into a beer hall knowingly condemning dozens of people to it. Especially when there's a chance, albeit low now, of putting one or more of them in hospital.

Would I judge anyone else for the YOLO approach, especially when the government has given them the green light? Honestly probably not. There are probably people here who agree with them. But I do judge myself. And I think while we should respect the risk tolerance of others, we should also respect their lack of willingness to impose that risk on others (and okay, willingness, within limits). I'm not ready yet. Behind the curve, everyone else has said "fuck it", sure, but while I have a stash of previously free tools for availing myself of the knowledge of what ails me, I can't take their "why do you even test yourself, ignorance is bliss" approach, it just ain't me I'm afraid, nor is going around infecting people with something that still has so many long term unknowns.

It's just who I am. If I went regardless, it wouldn't be "me" they went with, it'd be someone feeling "not myself" and guilty over it - not to mention generally feeling like shit because honestly this thing drains the hell out of you. All I want to do is lay in bed all day and don't particularly have the appetite for beer either.

I love them but I wish they'd tone down the "just do it mate, it's legal now, don't worry" a little. One day maybe, but I'm not there yet.

I would really like to hope that the majority of people wouldn’t knowingly expose people to it. I’m perhaps being charitable in assuming we haven’t reached that stage YET.

It's an odd situation really because generally, those of their mindset don't test anyway. They don't want to know. They'd be knowingly going around with something, with a thought of "eh it's probably just a cold.. hopefully.. heh heh", but they wouldn't be knowingly exposing to covid because they don't know they have it, if that makes sense. Again, the "ignorance is bliss" approach. So they're trying to talk me into a position they probably wouldn't be in as they wouldn't have tested

Knowing 100% that you have it though because you did test, and still exposing people.... eh, honestly I imagine some do if they have a big occasion, or are trying not to disappoint someone they care about. I think the majority of the country fall into the "I wouldn't know and don't want to know" camp though

Somehow my mum still doesn't have it even though she was with us when we're fairly sure we caught it and has continued as normal around my dad who is riddled

Well performing immune system, or still early days I guess

Most of the day I stay in my room door shut window open, and mask on around the house, to at least reduce the viral load if it does catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom