Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
They did add stomach trouble and diarrhoea to the list of symptoms a while ago, didn't they? I wasn't really affected in that way, but I think it's quite common :o

Bastards doing another wave apparently. Dunno I unfollowed a lot of stuff and uninstalled the ZOE app, I'm so over this shit now

Anecdotally, it feels like a lot of people I know have it right now, the most people since the omicron wave

I'd posted in the Hoopla thread about being scared of getting it there and passing it on to visitors who were arriving a couple of days later from Canada, well thankfully I didn't get it there despite being in the middle of the THRONGS for Sugababes, but then I did get it over the weekend from being out in Dublin.

It was my first proper night out since the start of COVID and it's really fucking shit that it seems like you can't go out and get your life on the dancefloor to Fuego/Slomo back-to-back without getting a DISEASE :manson:

Anyway my symptoms are very mild thus far so hello, let's celebrate that

It was my first proper night out since the start of COVID and it's really fucking shit that it seems like you can't go out and get your life on the dancefloor to Fuego/Slomo back-to-back without getting a DISEASE :manson:
:horny:

I had actually been incredibly lucky, I'd been clubbing tons without getting it, but Euroclub claimed me in the end. :(

I'd posted in the Hoopla thread about being scared of getting it there and passing it on to visitors who were arriving a couple of days later from Canada, well thankfully I didn't get it there despite being in the middle of the THRONGS for Sugababes, but then I did get it over the weekend from being out in Dublin.

Anyway my symptoms are very mild thus far so hello, let's celebrate that

It is absolutely rife again, everywhere. Hope it stays mild for you and naffs off fast.

• Care
Reactions: dUb
I'm glad you didn't get it at Hoopla otherwise I'd feel awful after pushing you to go :shy:

Feel better soon x

• Care
Reactions: dUb
RIFE.

Back to everyone I know having it, a couple off work with it and to be honest I'm not feeling 100%. (Not feeling bad, just not... quite right). Test time later I guess

I’m convinced I had it when I got back from Turin but I kept testing negative.

I hope I don't get it a second time within the next 3 months and count on an adjusted vaccine for Omicron/BA4/5 for a fifth penetration of my bulging muscle.

:ken:

It's the third time for the friend I mentioned above. Her last time was over a year ago.

I was hopeful that the fact I had it in May would give me some degree of immunity, but I'm just reading something saying that Omicron is a poor booster of immunity.

I had it mid April but from what I was hearing of BA5 it gets around immunity a fair bit so not counting on much

Yeah my friend had it in early April (same time as my last) and tested positive again a few days ago.

Going to a con at the weekend (unless I get covid first), seems like a bad time for it but eh... life is short I guess

It does seem most people have antibodies for a good year or so. My cousins went to Glasto, one cousin who’s never had it got it, the other two who had it at the start of the year didn’t.

We’ve had cases in work. There’s no policy in place right now for staying off with covid and our staff only get statutory sick. Im having to force my team to stay home if they’re positive. But I’m not getting it.

It’s a weird world when you have to plan your infection chances around trips and plans. I have London this weekend and I’ve been hibernating all week so I don’t catch it before it go

It’s never going to get to the point it was initially again though, is it? I have had worse colds/flus in the past but have had 3 vaccines.

Should be fine for most. It's still clogging the hospitals though and the more you get it the more chance of the long haul version.

Our place has a couple off but they're working from home. Bit OT, but I have to help set up VPN for them and since they decided to outsource my job and yet still keep me there, the process is I have to email a ticket to our IT provider, which first goes to someone in India, who assigns it to someone either there or at the company in the UK, so they can remote in and tick a box I could have ticked 3 hours ago. They pay at least 3x my salary for this, and mine on top. It's just.... crazy

I remember thinking when I had it that I’d had worse flu, but at the same time I felt fucking AWFUL and I don’t want it again, or at least anywhere near when I have travel plans (which is most of this month)

I don’t think it is clogging the hospitals. The NHS covid book of stats now admit that over half of patients in hospital with covid came in with something else. It just shows that the numbers are much higher than we realise, but most people aren’t “hospitalised” with it the way they were before.

Hmm admittedly I was going off anecdotes from I think a covid discussion place, so possibly they were biased

I remember thinking when I had it that I’d had worse flu, but at the same time I felt fucking AWFUL and I don’t want it again, or at least anywhere near when I have travel plans (which is most of this month)

I was very lucky and only had a sore throat and hot and cold sweats for around a day and a half. Other than that nothing thankfully.

It’s never going to get to the point it was initially again though, is it? I have had worse colds/flus in the past but have had 3 vaccines.
Covid was the worst respiratory episode I've had in my 17 years of adulthood and I say that as someone who has had 4 jabs. Not hospital-bad, of course but nasty enough.

But I also want a somewhat normal life again, admittedly. I'm tired of watching my early 30s zoom by waiting for the next variant to haunt us. :zombie:

Last edited:
I don’t think it is clogging the hospitals. The NHS covid book of stats now admit that over half of patients in hospital with covid came in with something else. It just shows that the numbers are much higher than we realise, but most people aren’t “hospitalised” with it the way they were before.
We we’re overflowing at work at the back end of last week due to positive patients. Whilst quite a few are being diagnosed whilst they’re here, even if their symptoms aren’t serious they still need to be isolated in their own room and there just isn’t the space available.

Throw in the extra footfall due to the heat and it isn’t looking great :eyes:

I wonder how much of the problem then, still remains our response to it. We're fearful of it due to hospital space etc, but hospitals are being extremely cautious and isolating people with it.

But again, we still kinda don't know things, like the reasons for long haul or how it can be prevented.

I kinda feel left out. I've been on long haul flights and pubs and bars and festivals and all that shit. So many close contacts with it whilst I've been with them.

And now my friend (working in a hospital) has just had his 5th taste of it.

Maybe you've had it and were asymptomatic though? Little Kylie literally had no symptoms, we only tested him as Dannii had it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom