Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I know a guy who's been very vocally against getting the jab. Caught covid, spent 2 weeks very ill, thought he was getting better and is now in an induced coma on a ventilator and is touch and go.
Yeah I know similar. Played in a band at the pub, vocally antivax and anti-mask, kicked off when mask wearing was required for walking to your table saying he "couldn't breathe" (despite being a biker, often having 70mph air blasting at his face, helmet, snood etc and breathing just FINE then). I think it was August he caught it, went into hospital and got put into an induced coma. They finally woke him up a couple of weeks ago, he's going to take months to re-gain the ability to walk etc.

I don't wish death on the guy and never have but "play stupid games win stupid prizes". Hopefully he learns something but I also know of people who have literally had loved ones die from it and still been saying it's all fake and it was "just" the flu etc.

Contrarians.. I don't know what it is, maybe it's a phenomenon when someone is insecure about their own intelligence and they can't bear the thought of someone knowing more about any subject than them, and worse, people believing them and doing what they suggest. (Or they've just read too much Orwell and think they really are Winston Smith and everyone else is just dumb brainwashed sheep and only they are smart and special enough to see the truth).

But in a parallel Orwellian universe where covid is indeed a fake and/or the vaccine is actually dangerous or an attempt to control the population and everyone knows perfectly well and all the scientists agree, so the vast majority are going about normal life, refusing to be masked or injected, and ignoring all restrictions... you can guarantee those same people would be sat there mask on ranting and raving about all the mindless sheep believing that it's fake, trying to coerce people into getting the vaccine, they're smarter so they know covid is real etc.

Last edited:
I like the inconvenient truth theory.

The facts for crises like this are too scary for most people to comprehend. Most of us have various coping mechanisms, and some people have in built impulses to seek out alternative possibilities to protect themselves from the truth.

Combine that with a dickhead personality and a lack of education, and you have yourself a conspiracy theorist.

Social media has obviously made it easier for these people to fester so covid came at the wrong fucking time in history, quite frankly.

So last weekend I joined the Corona Club :zombie:

I had flu last weekend and was testing negative, but tested positive twice on Sunday. Been in bed ever since. I started to turn the corner about Wednesday but today is the first day my spirits have lifted and am happy talking about it. I was in a bit of a dark place as dealing with it alone is a fucking nightmare. And I was just constantly worried about it going to my chest.

As it turned out, in hindsight, it was pretty much just a nasty flu bug with the usual symptoms and after effects, no more no less. I've had the weird smell thing (can still taste OK), the breathlessness which fortunately only lasted a day or two, the lethargy, the fatigue, the lightheadedness. The fatigue is the worst. But as I say, without the dreaded C word I'd just be dealing with a nasty bug and slowly getting over it. So could be worse.

It's the timing more than anything. It's my birthday this weekend - everything cancelled. Supposed to be going to London next week - all up in the air right now. But hey that's life I guess! It's always going to get in the way of something.

I wouldn't mind but I haven't been in any contact with any crowds - haven't been to any crowded bars or clubs or concerts or even the cinema... the only place I could catch it is a restaurant, a shop or on the train. And I always wear a mask. Just goes to show how it's other people who determine your health, not you....

Austria's "lockdown for the unvaccinated" in effect as of tomorrow.

Winter on the mainland is going to be bad again. I've been on the phone with my local hospital to set an appointment for my regular check-ups and the woman from the secretariat who I know pretty well know said it's currently the worst it has ever been. "We can schedule your appointment but I can't promise you what things are going to look like based on the past 3 weeks." :(

It's literally a 21st-century plague sweeping across the country from southeast towards the north-west. :zombie:

corona-teaserbild-443~_v-videowebm.jpg

In many of the dark violet districts, it's 1,000 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants each week.

I think our rate nationally is about 350 per 100,000 isn't it? Locally we're running about 450. Although I think the trend was down...

Yep it’s been going down for a couple of weeks I think? Not sure why when considering it’s rampant across Europe again..

What is the difference to what we’re seeing here? Vaccination levels?

Vaccination levels in the East and South East of Germany (extending into Austria) are pretty abysmal. My district sits at a pathetic 55% fully vaccinated :zombie:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: COB
It's literally a 21st-century plague sweeping across the country from southeast towards the north-west. :zombie:

corona-teaserbild-443~_v-videowebm.jpg

In many of the dark violet districts, it's 1,000 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants each week.
Are the numbers correct? I thought the ratio was similar here a few days ago and I panicked but then realized i missed a zero (it was 1k per 1m)

But I mean, it's also astoundingly stupid to open things up going in autumn. It's as if no one has learned a thing from 2020. As long as we don't get vaccination levels like Italy, Spain or Portugal, were fucked.

Last edited:
Why are vaccination numbers so low in Germany? I refuse to believe Germans are being less sensible and organised than the UK.

Although Spain, Italy and Portugal seem LIKELY TO BE less organised and sensible.

Why are vaccination numbers so low in Germany? I refuse to believe Germans are being less sensible and organised than the UK.

Our lockdowns didn't have anywhere near the same level of restrictions as the ones e.g. in Spain, italy and France. As a result, I believe a lot of the people who were undecided about getting vaccinated remained undecided and unvaccinated - compare that to Portugal where being unvaccinated right now is almost unheard of. And then you have a loud pocket of anti-vaxxers which is more notable in some regions than in others.

Plus they really missed the trick in getting a proper booster vaccination campaign underway in August and September - but since that coincided with elections, that's probably not a surprise :eyes:

I’m still vaguely excited about the thought of another lockdown to be honest.

Admittedly I don’t want it to duck Christmas up, but bring me a post- New Year forced night in or fifty…

How realistic is it that we are going to get another one in the UK? Presumably it depends on the state of hospitals over the winter. Considering how Boris and the government have undermined even the mildest of restrictions though, I dread to think how bad it would have to be before lockdowns were imposed again.

Well my work is just finally getting everyone back in the office for just one day a week from next week (I’ve already been one of a handful voluntarily coming in 3x per week). It hasn’t been easy with so much pushback from a lot of people.

Last edited:
I really don't think we'll have another lockdown. The government is too scared to put another one in, they don't care how many die or how pushed the NHS is.
Well, never mind the fact that the message they are consistently sending is 'don't even bother with a mask'.

I am on my third cold in just under two months and I’ve lost taste and smell again- like during the first of the three. I’ve never lost it before once. Have colds mutated to be more like Covid or something weird? It’s very odd.

I don’t think it is Covid, by the way- constant negative lat flows and no other Covid-specific symptoms, so…

I’ve lost taste and smell just once from a bad cold a really long time ago, but that’s very odd to happen to you three times. Just catching a cold more than once in that short space of time is unusual too, isn’t it?

I had a PCR in the same way last time and it was negative.

So should I do one again then now? I’ve done about 5 negative lateral flows.
I guess you should?

Sorry about the other thing - do you have a prognosis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom