Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I guess you should?

Sorry about the other thing - do you have a prognosis?

Another couple of lumps and they’re finally investigating why I am getting kaposi sarcoma despite not having HIV by sending me to London to an expert in “AIDS related cancer”. It’s mega rare to have them without HIV (my dermatologist says he’s only ever seen it once) and so they are worried it’s a different immune problem. Just wait and see I guess.

The appalling nature of the investigation is ridiculous though. For example:

Doctor: We did test you for HIV didn't we as Kaposi Sarcoma is so often associated with it.

Me: Yes and I'm negative

Doctor: Well I can't see that on your file

Me: Because it was done at the GUM clinic where you sent me and that doesn’t get kept on file.

Doctor: Ah yes, right. Well, er, I'm going to test for HIV again, just in case. Tell me, who do you have at home?

Me: My husband

Doctor: Oh! (a bit too much of a lightbulb moment) And is, hmm, er, well, is he "well"?

Honestly, it's 2021...

I didn’t test positive until the 4th day.

I keep testing every morning and nothing. If I hadn’t had the first cold when I lost my taste, I would be worried but the PCR then was negative too.

I’ve no fever or cough either. Which I think are the two other main identifiers.

That's rubbish Shee. I hope it just turns out to be one of those annoying random conditions that people have to live with and nothing too sinister.

That's rubbish Shee. I hope it just turns out to be one of those annoying random conditions that people have to live with and nothing too sinister.

I think it will be- the cancer isn’t likely to kill me, but it’s what it’s hiding that is the problem I think.

There is a national census that goes on every 10 years held these days and Twitter has been flooded with anti-vaxers refusing to register themselves because they think the state wants to confirm where they actually live so that they can arrest them & force inject them. :shock:

How locked down?

Pretty much where we were last year. Restaurants, hotels, malls, gyms and anything involved physical contact closed. All events indoors cancelled. Home Office rules apply again. Contact restrictions.

Yeah, hospitals and ICUs in some areas (like mine) are pretty much at capacity.

Austria planning to make vaccinations mandatory starting February.

The vaccine rollout was successful in Germany, right?

It begs the question will this EVER go away?

The vaccine rollout was successful in Germany, right?

It begs the question will this EVER go away?

I'd say rollout was better in some regions than others (others being East and South East). But since August delta has really started making rounds in schools and authorities been dragging their feet with the booster campaign in Germany and Austria and now all hell has broken loose.

Is A Song for Apoca confirmed? :o

Ill Do It 30 Rock GIF

Covid is never going away, but I hope we can get a better handle on it than more lockdowns D:

So after feeling a but fluey yeaterday I’ve tested positive today, Ms Ron had a load of mates round saturday and quite a few are now riddled. To be honest, I’ve had worse comedowns. Fortunately I’ve been taking D3 all week and I’ve got a strong immune system so I’m hoping this is as rough as it gets. I was supposed to pop round and see the inlaws yesterday but cancelled, thank god!

How realistic is it that we are going to get another one in the UK? Presumably it depends on the state of hospitals over the winter. Considering how Boris and the government have undermined even the mildest of restrictions though, I dread to think how bad it would have to be before lockdowns were imposed again.
I would say very unlikely for a couple of reasons:

1. Furlough is over - so any lockdown would potentially risk millions of jobs
2. The Spending Review was last month - government budgets have essentially been allocated and Sunak is ultra-reluctant to borrow further for COVID, but never say never, I guess!

I’m reasonably optimistic about us not having to go into a lockdown because if you look at the graphs for the European countries that are getting it really badly right now, this is their first big Delta surge.

We had ours in July when we first opened up and it’s just been generally circulating since then so I think we’re probably starting off in a stronger position than if we had opened up when the weather was getting colder.

Not only that but of course there’s no political will to do a major lockdown.

I really cringe every time I hear the slightly Brexity talk from Boris and co of the next wave “washing up on our shores” from mainland Europe - they’re well aware it doesn’t work that way and what that kind of language implies.

Anyone for a new 'worst ever' variant? :side-eye:

There's another variant in the UK called Delta-B or something that is more virulent and causes less symptoms. The common cold versions are already circulating. Let's not get all HYSTERICAL just yet.

Ugh. It was only a matter of time. I know we don’t know much and it’s early days but this has got me on a right DOWNER this morning.

Oh I’m fucking over it now, we’ve thankfully got now to nearly 90% vaccinated, but the anti-vax minority are out in force here and crying against mandates, referring to Jacinda as Hitler etc.

Having lived somewhere it’s rampant and to come somewhere with only 40 odd deaths so far but inevitably about to rise as we now have it spread, it makes me sick that people are so. fucking. stupid.

I know not everyone is logical, but for the love of god there’s some thick people out there.

Ugh. It was only a matter of time. I know we don’t know much and it’s early days but this has got me on a right DOWNER this morning.

We haven’t had any confirmed cases over here yet, have we?

It can NOT mess with Christmas. I have 14 coming from Ireland, and it HAS to happen. I have been looking forward to this since January 2020!

I don't think this will affect Christmas. If any extra measures came in because if it, I'd expect January at the earliest, since it will take a few weeks to properly establish the facts of this variant, and there hopefully won't be significant spread in the UK either this early.

Add in the political fact that Johnson won't cancel Christmas even if it was the right move, and then Scotland, Wales and NI won't have the resources to take measures too different from England (nor would I imagine many people would follow them if England wasn't being subjected to the same thing.)

The usual suspects on other forums are already hand wringing about "we need more lockdowns but this time until it's really really low" etc. These people honestly have NO LIFE. I'm part surprised, part "no really surprised" to see after all this time watching other countries try for "Zero Covid" and paying the price now via catch-up, that these lot STILL are pushing for that approach. Sure let's spend another 4-6 months sitting at home in abject misery, GPs and hospitals turning people away because "you only have cancer, we only care about covid right now, sorry but you'll just have to die" again, fuck the economy, ruin everyone's mental health but hey it'll get The Numbers down.... and then you open up and OH GUESS WHAT, the virus does what viruses do and rapidly spreads immediately after - and as a bonus now everyone's immune systems are weak again!

I am SO over the notion of lockdowns and closing stuff. By all means mandate masks in shops and public transport, we should've been doing that already. Make the vaccine mandatory and shove all the gammons in prison for all I care. But "yay more restrictions!"? nope nope nope

The vaccine should still keep most people out of hospital.

If we have Christmas and then January is cancelled I'll be MOST PISSED OFF to spend another lockdown Birthday.

If a lockdown NOW is the best course of action then I'd rather just have it - wasn't delaying it for Christmas then changing their mind about some of the restrictions part of the problem last year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom