Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Pretty sure a HUGE proportion of people weren’t even aware that you should register LFT results. I only know because my work makes us take them if we’re going into the office and asked us to register them so we could get the confirmation text/email as proof. Previously I was sending photos of the little test cassette to the poor receptionist :D

Last edited:
Pretty sure a HUGE proportion of people weren’t even aware that you should register LFT results. I only know because my work makes us take them if we’re going into the office and asked us to register them so we could get the confirmation text/email as proof. Previously I was sending photos of the little test cassette to the poor receptionist :D
My work just wants everyone coming in to do one every 2 days but gave no actual instruction to show proof, so it's just relying on personal responsibility. I logged mine from the start just because that's what it says to do in the box!

Reactions: D5K
I've been logging mine, but really don't see the point. I just have been. They do go onto your Covid pass app though. I think the semi-idea was that places could ask to see them, but in practice that hasn't happened.

Where I was volunteering they asked us to do one and take a selfie with the test but
A) there was never any proof if the test you were holding was done that morning or was even yours,
B) they never checked anyway :tongue:

Logging it on the app is of course a lot more fool-proof but I've had to use it a grand total of 0 times.

I think the only reason the U.K. numbers have plateaued is because we’ve run out of tests
Of course, but I am sure the opportunity to declare that we are ‘getting through it’ (rightly or wrongly) won’t be passed up by the government and most of the media won’t even notice.

Of course, but I am sure the opportunity to declare that we are ‘getting through it’ (rightly or wrongly) won’t be passed up by the government and most of the media won’t even notice.
I've had one or two friends start asking if we should go out for dinner "as numbers are going down"! Technically true, but is it really? They're still astronomical. Also had my mum asking if I wanted to go to PANTO this weekend (that's a no for a few reasons 😒)

It's getting like the early days where you had tread carefully between friends taking it way less seriously than you and your own concerns. At the moment we've more or less imposed a January lockdown on ourselves because we're lucky enough to be able to work from home so might as well stay that way for now!

I've been logging mine, but really don't see the point. I just have been. They do go onto your Covid pass app though. I think the semi-idea was that places could ask to see them, but in practice that hasn't happened.

Where I was volunteering they asked us to do one and take a selfie with the test but
A) there was never any proof if the test you were holding was done that morning or was even yours,
B) they never checked anyway :tongue:

Logging it on the app is of course a lot more fool-proof but I've had to use it a grand total of 0 times.
I mean, you could just pour a couple of drops of water in, get a negative test result and log that, so I don’t think it’s any more foolproof or less open to skullduggery. For that reason, alongside general laziness, I haven’t been logging my negative results.

I did log my positive one though.

I mean, you could just pour a couple of drops of water in, get a negative test result and log that, so I don’t think it’s any more foolproof or less open to skullduggery. For that reason, alongside general laziness, I haven’t been logging my negative results.

I did log my positive one though.
Or do nothing and scan the QR code anyway :basil:

Or do nothing and scan the QR code anyway :basil:
Oh yeah that’s true I forgot it’s not that intelligent and you just have to choose “positive” or “negative”

Knowing how easy it is to cheat the system does make me wonder why everyone causing such a stink about Covid passes can’t just suck it up.

I've logged all of mine just because it asks you to do so. But then I've yet to have a positive test (crosses fingers, toes etc) so the data is likely useless.

I've had one or two friends start asking if we should go out for dinner "as numbers are going down"! Technically true, but is it really? They're still astronomical. Also had my mum asking if I wanted to go to PANTO this weekend (that's a no for a few reasons 😒)

It's getting like the early days where you had tread carefully between friends taking it way less seriously than you and your own concerns. At the moment we've more or less imposed a January lockdown on ourselves because we're lucky enough to be able to work from home so might as well stay that way for now!
And perhaps because I don't work from home (indeed as of next week I will have four different environments I'm required to work out of), I certainly won't turn down eating out with friends at the moment.

The pantomime can fuck off, though.

I usually log all of mine (I assumed they use the data for useful statistical purposes!) but I didn’t log any of my positive ones after the first one because I didn’t trust it not to restart the self-isolation countdown…

We went out to eat in soho yesterday and there was basically nobody there. Choice of any seat in any bar and the restaurant was all ours. LOVED IT!

Made running out from the bill a lot harder though. Poor Serene, hope she gets bail.

So I'm triple jabbed but have just recovered from from Covid after getting it at the end of December. However one of the after effects I seem to have been left with is a distinct loss/change of taste. I had been led to believe that this WASN'T a common symptom of the Omicron variant. Has anyone else who has had it recently also suffered from this?

So I'm triple jabbed but have just recovered from from Covid after getting it at the end of December. However one of the after effects I seem to have been left with is a distinct loss/change of taste. I had been led to believe that this WASN'T a common symptom of the Omicron variant. Has anyone else who has had it recently also suffered from this?

Delta is still very much out there, just slowly being replaced. I know some people who lost their taste and smell over December.

I don't think there's any pattern with regards to smell/taste. Some people only lost theirs for a couple of days, some people still don't have it back a year later.

I only lost my smell but kept my taste. And it was only about 80% gone and it came back pretty quickly, although I was smelling strange and unusual things for about 2 weeks after.

It seems to be different for everyone. I lost my taste/smell for just over a week but it came back to normal instantly in the middle of the day. My housemate had it come back gradually a few days later and then her taste “changed”, but returned to normal after a few months. One of my friends’ mums lost hers and it took over a year to start coming back.

I agree it seems to vary. In the case of my friend it came back in 2 days, but he had the other symptoms for 1,5 week and anosmia/ageusia came at the end just before getting completely well.

Loss/change of taste and/or smell is still a symptom of omicron, it just isn't as common as it has been for variants before, when essentially it was seen as a key indicator, or at the very least marking a difference between it and a cold. A week or so ago wasn't there something saying that over half of Londoners who thought they had a cold actually had covid, now we're in the grips of omicron?

I had to turn someone away who turned up at work on Thursday who had a cough and said they felt like shit, but attended regardless as 'it can't be covid because I can taste alright'.

Ok so I’ve been snotty for a week or two, that’s not necessarily anything unusual, and I’ve had a shitty headache for a few days which could WELL be down to dehydration. My temperature hasn’t changed, I can still taste and smell as usual I think, and Turn it into love is an 11/10 on the… I want to say Kylie X tour?

Is that probably just a cold?

France's booster % looks like it's lower than the UK's - 39% against 53%. Is there any evidence of omicron having a higher death rate there?

I’m within days of being able to book my booster jab and this afternoon they went and changed the time between 2nd and 3rd jab to five months. Really need to get it now before getting sick, I want a complete vaccine passport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom