Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I’m within days of being able to book my booster jab and this afternoon they went and changed the time between 2nd and 3rd jab to five months. Really need to get it now before getting sick, I want a complete vaccine passport.

they rushed the process here before Christmas so I was eligible after 4,5 months. got my booster Sunday :disco:

they are now talking about toughening the covid pass rules so that vaccination is only valid 5 months. I do not approve :evil:

I think the European Medicines Agency said sth yesterday that seemed like a criticism about recurring boosters becoming a thing, can't remember exactly what though.

they rushed the process here before Christmas so I was eligible after 4,5 months. got my booster Sunday :disco:

they are now talking about toughening the covid pass rules so that vaccination is only valid 5 months. I do not approve :evil:

This has caused a rush to get the jab so I can’t find a date nearby. :bad:

Twatto at work who was always whinging about the big snowflake reaction to covid the past couple of years finally got it, too bad it's the bloody Omicron one so will "prove him right that it's mild"!

Nice to see daily numbers on a steep decline though. Get t'fuck, covid.

Self-isolation period "cut to five full days" although on closer inspection it's pending negative lateral flows on days 5 and 6 so really it's just an adjustment of 24 hours from what was already the case.

GOTTA GET THOSE HEADLINES THOUGH. :manson:

I've had one or two friends start asking if we should go out for dinner "as numbers are going down"! Technically true, but is it really? They're still astronomical. Also had my mum asking if I wanted to go to PANTO this weekend (that's a no for a few reasons 😒)

It's getting like the early days where you had tread carefully between friends taking it way less seriously than you and your own concerns. At the moment we've more or less imposed a January lockdown on ourselves because we're lucky enough to be able to work from home so might as well stay that way for now!
I am curious though. no judgment on what you're doing obviously, and great that you have no qualms about say no to things, but isn't it kind of the point of getting vaxxed and then having the booster shot? so life can go on? and then even if you did get it you can self-isolate and you know you're unlikely to be seriously ill with it.

or to put it another way, why get boosted just to stay home? obviously I would think long and hard about going to an indoor concert with 5k people in a tight space (and maybe panto falls in that category), but I don't mind being in a room with ten people who are all living their lives if everyone is vaxxed and most or all are boosted.

Self-isolation period "cut to five full days" although on closer inspection it's pending negative lateral flows on days 5 and 6 so really it's just an adjustment of 24 hours from what was already the case.

GOTTA GET THOSE HEADLINES THOUGH. :manson:
Thats the exact US guidance, which has gotten a lot of pushback

Isn’t it 5 days from a positive test there? It’s even shorter here as it will be 5 days from when symptoms started / when the test was taken.

Reactions: D5K
Ah but I think there's a crucial difference - there's been loads of pressure here that "the US says five days so we should too".

But I think the US rules are five days from a positive test result, whereas the UK rules are five days from the start of symptoms, which therefore means our isolation period is now shorter than yours.

from the CDC:

"
If you had COVID-19 and had symptoms, isolate for at least 5 days. To calculate your 5-day isolation period, day 0 is your first day of symptoms. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed. You can leave isolation after 5 full days."

So I think its the same

Reactions: D5K
I mean, I do kind of GET IT to an extent if the balance is tipping towards the most disruptive element of this being the isolations and absences rather than sickness itself, and it will have to happen at some point in time.

I just very much question why now (well I don’t question it, I know exactly why, but still).

I am curious though. no judgment on what you're doing obviously, and great that you have no qualms about say no to things, but isn't it kind of the point of getting vaxxed and then having the booster shot? so life can go on? and then even if you did get it you can self-isolate and you know you're unlikely to be seriously ill with it.

or to put it another way, why get boosted just to stay home? obviously I would think long and hard about going to an indoor concert with 5k people in a tight space (and maybe panto falls in that category), but I don't mind being in a room with ten people who are all living their lives if everyone is vaxxed and most or all are boosted.
Totally see this side of the argument too. In all honesty it's giving me an excuse to cut back a bit on eating and drinking which is hardly a bad thing for me at the moment. :D

My major concern is travelling on the tube. If I can avoid that, I will. I'm not completely doing nothing just playing it slightly safe.

One positive is that we must have had around 6 close encounters in December and managed to stave off any infection. So it seems like our protection is really good!

I’m not making all that many plans either, partly because the more plans, the more contacts and the more chance of catching something, but equally, the more disappointment if I have to isolate and cancel them.

I’m certainly seeing people though, I figure if I completely wrap myself up in cotton wool then that’s just cutting out the middle man. If I’m going to have to isolate then I may as well have a LITTLE fun into the bargain.

So in short you’re both wrong.

I think I did an oopsie. So I got a negative PCR on Tuesday which I did after I came back to Canada and so I went ahead and got my booster yesterday. However my throat was itchy yesterday (which is something that happens to me quite often so I ignored it) but now it has turned into fire and on top of that I’m having a bad reaction to the booster. So I have fever, aches and a very soar throat.

I’m convinced I have Covid and that I took the booster which is not recommended. In short it all hurts.

Or to put it another another way:

I think I did an oopsie. So I got a negative PCR on Tuesday which I did after I came back to Canada and so I went ahead and got my booster yesterday. However my throat was itchy yesterday (which is something that happens to me quite often so I ignored it) but now it has turned into fire and on top of that I’m having a bad reaction to the booster. So I have fever, aches and a very soar throat.

I’m convinced I have Covid and that I took the booster which is not recommended. In short it all hurts.
But isn't the PCR meant to trace it even if the virus load is very low? I don't see what you could have done differently here. Have you talked to your doctor?

There will be plenty of people who have had the booster whilst unwittingly positive, and there hasn't been any major stories about it being the end of the world. Just do a test, and if it is positive, ask the helpline/your GP what to do. I imagine worst case scenario it will be another booster in a few months time.

Last Saturday I went on 6 trains and to 12 different pubs.

And I still haven't had it. I'M TRYING

Well none of you are in LONDON. We've ALL had it here
I had it in January 2021 pre-vaccinations, but nothing since and I’m voluntarily going in to the office 3x a week, taking bus and tube plus going to the cinema and occasionally theatre. I only isolated and took extra precautions in the week running up to Christmas.

Well none of you are in LONDON. We've ALL had it here
Not wanting to jinx anything but I have still never had it. Nor has my flatmate who works in frontline social care, which feels particularly baffling.

I think if I was going into the office I'd feel differently, but I'm actually forbidden from doing so. The fact that I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home is telling me I might as well stay here till it dies down.

I'm not being a total hermit though, and still having friends over and even went to a McDonald's last week 😱😱

Considering I’ve been working front line in a hospital for TWO YEARS, had two housemates who have caught it and been commuting on busy trains/buses most weeks I’m starting to feel INVICIBLE :disco:

I'm amazed I haven't been infected again with the numbers we're sporting these days. my immunity from Nov 2020 should be long gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom