Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I'm amazed I haven't been infected again with the numbers we're sporting these days. my immunity from Nov 2020 should be long gone
Back then I remember reading that the antibodes that were built from whatever variant was going on then (can't remember if it was the original or the british one) lasted up to 8 months at the most, so yes.

I’ve also been everywhere (and we don’t even wear facemasks here) and I’ve been fine so far. Hopefully I didn’t jinx it now.

The reaction to the vaccine has been tough though, especially after the second dose.

I’ve also been everywhere (and we don’t even wear facemasks here) and I’ve been fine so far. Hopefully I didn’t jinx it now.

The reaction to the vaccine has been tough though, especially after the second dose.

No masks! Jacob Rees Mogg would be on the first flight to Sweden if it wasn’t for all that pesky social democracy.

So it’s more likely that I have covid. Woke up today with fever and my throat is so bad I lost my voice. Went to the ER and they said probably covid (took a swab for strep, no pcr). So I have to isolate until my symptoms are gone.

So it’s more likely that I have covid. Woke up today with fever and my throat is so bad I lost my voice. Went to the ER and they said probably covid (took a swab for strep, no pcr). So I have to isolate until my symptoms are gone.

get well soon, Phoe :love:

So it got me at last! :eyes:

Took PCR test two days ago because I’ve had a mild cold and coughing starting from Saturday despite getting the third jab last Wednesday. So glad it was really mild (not even a soar throat or loss of any senses, it’s only boring that I have to stay home a couple more days. :)

Masks no longer mandatory soon, despite a reasonable amount of cases still floating around. Have this government really not learnt anything?

Masks no longer mandatory soon, despite a reasonable amount of cases still floating around. Have this government really not learnt anything?
Still recommended in settings like public transport and theatres etc where you’re in close proximity to strangers, but they want them not required in schools. FFS though, it just means hardly anyone will wear them at all. Evenings are worst on the tube - yesterday I swear only 10% of people had a mask.

So it got me at last! :eyes:

Took PCR test two days ago because I’ve had a mild cold and coughing starting from Saturday despite getting the third jab last Wednesday. So glad it was really mild (not even a soar throat or loss of any senses, it’s only boring that I have to stay home a couple more days. :)
They’re dropping like flies!

So the rules change from tomorrow about mask wearing, I'm struggling to find if they are still mandatory in healthcare settings as it was before. @lolly do you know?

I still have to wear one at work, as do patients.

• Care
Reactions: COB
So the rules change from tomorrow about mask wearing, I'm struggling to find if they are still mandatory in healthcare settings as it was before. @lolly do you know?
One of my surgeries posted something on their Facebook page a day or two ago. Let me find it...

Following the Government announcement that from Thursday 27 January face coverings will no longer be mandatory in public places, please be aware that the infection prevention control (IPC) guidance remains in place for patients and staff in all healthcare settings.

Thank you for your support.

Following the Government announcement that from Thursday 27 January face coverings will no longer be mandatory in public places, please be aware that the infection prevention control (IPC) guidance remains in place for patients and staff in all healthcare settings.

Thank you for your support.

So is that saying we have to wear masks but not them? IPC is what we do?

At the surgery that posted that, I work in fairly large rooms, easily big enough to sit 2m apart. I've been told that I can tell patients they are allowed to remove their masks (and me mine), as long as we are 2m apart, and I have the window open. I still have to do all the covid questions when I collect clients from the waiting room, though.

Obviously I don't need to examine people in the way GPs, nurses or HCAs do, but I do have to do dry blood spot tests frequently, so staying 2m apart isn't possible. But I'm not literally right in their face for extended periods like you are.

Last edited:
To be honest it's all a bit moot anyway as I've noticed the past few days so few people wearing a mask. I was just wondering what the legal stand on healthcare was. All I could find was that it's still mandatory on the tube.

I haven’t found myself in any of these situations people speak of with crowded tube carriages and nobody wearing masks, but surely in terms of stopping spread, there is no difference whatsoever between 10% compliance and 0% so it does beg the question what the point of the rule is if nobody is enforcing it.

We've gone from 100 cases per 100,000 inhabitant to 1,000 per 100,000 without 3 weeks. :disco:

ACH DU MEINE SCHEIßE!

Not sure what the figure is nationally, but I think ours has levelled off at about 950 locally.

I haven’t found myself in any of these situations people speak of with crowded tube carriages and nobody wearing masks, but surely in terms of stopping spread, there is no difference whatsoever between 10% compliance and 0% so it does beg the question what the point of the rule is if nobody is enforcing it.

I agree with there's no point in rules if no one is enforcing it. Like many others I just don't know what the rules are right now and can't even find any proper answers online!

But on a individual level I don't think it's fair to say there's no difference between 10% and 0%. I've seen countless people over the last 18 months dealing with having lost someone to covid. Last week someone who used to work with us came in and she'd lost her husband to covid. We all knew him really well and she was in floods of tears as she'd just been on a bus and someone next to her wasn't wearing a mask and was really rude to her when she tried to move. Maybe if that one single person who had infected him had just worn a mask, he might not have got it and might not have died. Yes it's a minute difference, but to the person who has lost someone, that difference absolutely matters.

My instinctive response to that is dread but I’m not totally sure why. Rationally it has to happen at some point so I’ll wait and see exactly how they’re going to craft the messaging around it.

My instinctive response to that is dread but I’m not totally sure why. Rationally it has to happen at some point so I’ll wait and see exactly how they’re going to craft the messaging around it.
My main reservation is less to do with lifting now as winter is ending, but that it will be quite difficult for the current makeup of the house to vote them back in if we end up with a difficult winter 22/23 if there is a problematic variant hitting around that time.

So in case anyone's missed it, there's been a massive "Freedom Convoy" of unvaccinated transport truck drivers with missing teeth who have descended on Ottawa and are insisting they're staying until all mandates and restrictions are lifted. Despite that these mandates are decided at the provincial level and not the federal. :bad: It's a huge drama with these assholes blaring their horns all day and night and basically putting the city under siege... the mayor just declared a state of emergency.

From what I've been reading this convoy has gotten a lot of solidarity worldwide. It's also a wake-up call to Canadians who generally like to see themselves as better than Americans.

vrSbSqY.jpg

DUrpa6e.jpg

iszM9fQ.jpg

qz3gQLB.jpg

Having avoided COVID thus far, same. Although I do wonder the extent to which self-policing has kicked in already? Many who are happy about this will have ignored the rules anyway, and the rest of us will self-isolate if we test positive. Although I guess there is a bit of a group in the middle who mostly saw the restrictions as an inconvenience but complied with them because it was law (rather than most of us who would be afraid of passing it on…). Events feel like a minefield as well - the sort of thing that people will just go along to even though they have COVID because they have been “looking forward to it for ages”

Employers play a big role as well. I imagine mine will probably still ask for testing before coming in but so many are just arseholes and will force COVID positive people back to the workplace (despite the risk of other staff getting it and needing time off).

Yeah I’m kind of happy to see the end of it, surely everyone has had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated now, and that plus the weaker strain, winter ending, lower viral loaf etc just makes me feel/hope thats the fucking end of it.

Our office has removed all the screens on reception etc, I’ll be glad to never see a distancing/mask/handwashing/stay safe sign again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom