Crimes of the Future (David Cronenberg)

Vote

• Total voters
099DF891-5190-4DCA-ABFA-7539F5EC9D6A.jpeg

I really can't wait for this. Is it a remake of his early film of the same name? That was ultra low budget but rather good.

I can't wait for it - the trailer looks so disgusting in the best way possible.

But is Cannes really going again for body horror after Titane which owns so much to Cronenberg?

I don’t think it matters, it will make a splash with walkouts and boos. It’s releasing immediately after.

This was a lot in terms of plot that it’ll be worth a second viewing when I’m not so focused on deciphering the story.

It is a beautiful movie, so many lovely compositions. Not as gruesome as the initial reports suggested.

I liked this and would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes Cronenberg but it's essentially a victory lap of all his previous obsessions and themes.

I knew he would sneak in a
beauty contest for the insides of the body
- the man is obsessed with this :D!

I think the pacing is a bit uneven and there's a hell of a lot of exposition at some point which drags the whole thing down a bit but A+ for atmosphere, up there with his best works in that regard. He's still got it.

"Surgery is the new sex" :disco:

I think if you enjoyed Crash, eXistenZ, Cosmopolis or Videodrome there's a HIGH CHANCE you'll enjoy this.

Not the biggest fan of Cronenberg and this was no exception. It felt like they could have gone further with the graphic surgery but it was pretty tame. The 'Surgery is the new sex' line was rather funny though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom