Dancing On Ice 2021

I feel like this probably isn't the safest space to compliment Ray Quinn, but he was the only person on ice who did anything remotely watchable. It highlighted that not only are the routines generally boring but the skaters (with the exception of Leshurr) are dull, too. Even if they couldn't find anyone really likeable, I'd settle for someone hateful.

Was that the return of Longchambon during the Rita Ora number? I didn't think Rita looked particularly into her performance.

Not sure that Lady should have been so shocked to be saved against Amy who was basically twirled around in the air very prettily for a minute.

Yes, Sylvain and Alex Demitriou. :horny:

Felt bad for Amy, she had great chemistry with Joe.

ITV just confirmed it.

They should have done this after Rufus tested positive. Or just delayed the series until the spring.

Either someone else has Covid or the viewing figures are shit?

Jason's still injured from what I read and so I guess they probably weren't sure if he'd be back or would need to recuperate and have to withdraw at a point where they need the numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter as well though.

And it continues ... Hamish has been forced to withdraw due to injury!

Fay will now be partnered by Matt Evers.

It's getting around 5 million a week. At its peak, 13 million. But that was when they used to air on Saturday nights.

Although to be fair the high ratings carried over to the Sundays for a few years.

But a 6pm start really can't help it. And the fact it fucks up every opportunity it has by making god awful decisions in all aspects.

I can't with the judges on this anymore. Why is there a need for constant "celebrity" based judges, why can't they all be actual ICE SKATERS, or at least more than 50% of the panel? The whole "I'm judging performance not skating", and T&D effectively just doing the skating side :manson: It undermines everything, and the show never started out this way.

I'm sure the audience demographics aren't quite up to Strictly's standards, but we don't all want a show that embodies an old copy of Heat magazine that's been shat on and stamped into the ice!

I can't with the judges on this anymore. Why is there a need for constant "celebrity" based judges, why can't they all be actual ICE SKATERS, or at least more than 50% of the panel? The whole "I'm judging performance not skating", and T&D effectively just doing the skating side :manson: It undermines everything, and the show never started out this way.

I'm sure the audience demographics aren't quite up to Strictly's standards, but we don't all want a show that embodies an old copy of Heat magazine that's been shat on and stamped into the ice!

There has been a non-skating judge since almost the beginning I think but it definitely feels overly skewed that way with both Banjo and Barrowman. Also Torvill and Dean seem to see things in much the same way so it they would be well served to have another skating expert on the panel who might have a differing perspective.

Chop Barrowman, obviously! Having a contestant who was such a flop on the panel is ridiculous. It did amuse me when he mentioned the other week seeing a move he once did during some routine or another.

A more consistent and less faceless pro line-up would be good too. I know she has been busy spawning that footballer's child but I hope Brianne is back next year, and I guess he wasn't available this time for obvious reasons but the skating doctor they had last series made quite a good impression.

A more consistent and less faceless pro line-up would be good too. I know she has been busy spawning that footballer's child but I hope Brianne is back next year, and I guess he wasn't available this time for obvious reasons but the skating doctor they had last series made quite a good impression.
I think you have a point here. Strictly fans obsess over the pros. Dancing On Ice fans (lol) probably still don’t know the pro names.

There has been a non-skating judge since almost the beginning I think but it definitely feels overly skewed that way with both Banjo and Barrowman. Also Torvill and Dean seem to see things in much the same way so it they would be well served to have another skating expert on the panel who might have a differing perspective.

Chop Barrowman, obviously! Having a contestant who was such a flop on the panel is ridiculous. It did amuse me when he mentioned the other week seeing a move he once did during some routine or another.

They had Jason which was fine, but then 4 other skating judges with him initially - Nicky, Karen, Robin and the one who couldn't speak English too well. It needs to have a ratio like that, with the skaters being the majority. The way they do it now almost offensively implies skaters can't critique performance! You'd think there'd be some skaters with half a personality out there willing to do it.

Agree about the pros, the revolving door and constant new faces doesn't help.

Barrowman is awful and seems totally unqualified to be there. If they want ex contestant who is loud and can pass comment on general performance, surely there are people available who actually made it to the final - Ray Quinn or Bonnie Langford would have more to contribute and are probably free (Ray is apparently a driver for Hermes so he could do with the ££). I can't remember anyone else who has done well on the show but there must be more.

Hahaha! I remember that moment when they blew most of the series budget on getting Pamela Anderson for the series then she got voted off week 1 in a skate off against Keith Chegwin :D
Wasn’t it a term of her contract at the time for her to be voted out early? It was around then she went into civilian Big Brother for a few days, probably because she wasn’t prepared to do four weeks in the celebrity series.

They may as well call it the quarter final this week and have the final on the 14th. That's how it would have gone anyway.

BoilingWideGrayling-small.gif

DEAR ME :D

They never actually confirmed that Joe-Warren was coming back did they? So five still skating as of this moment.

Hopefully an utterly wankered Holly is forced to skate with Phillip just to fill the the time before being PROMPTLY VOTED OFF

(Ray is apparently a driver for Hermes so he could do with the ££)

Also WHAT? I know 2020 drowned actors in a sink, but I thought he was doing okay before that? He seemed to do a lot of theatre/tv shows/dancing on ice tours which I assume paid well. I'm surprised he's not quite comfortable by now..

Also WHAT? I know 2020 drowned actors in a sink, but I thought he was doing okay before that? He seemed to do a lot of theatre/tv shows/dancing on ice tours which I assume paid well. I'm surprised he's not quite comfortable by now..
Still paying reparations to the family of that girl he murdered when he lived on Brookside.

IIRC there was a fairly judgey online article online about it and he made a public comment saying it was partly due to it being a way to combat boredom and lack of routine etc. When I think of my own Hermes driver, I could see why it might appeal to someone who needs a lot of attention and interaction. I can't remember when this actually was - maybe lockdown #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom