Dancing on Ice 2022

I guess after doing Stirctly for 7 years or whatever it is, and winning twice, plus the German show before it, she must be getting an itch to move on. And with The Greatest Dancer and The Masked Dancer she's had a taste of that role.

Bez might be good for a laugh this series, and I can imagine Sally Dynevor being comedically terrible.

Brendan Cole will probably win, but he's a massive twat so who knows, James Jordan won.

I’ve got it on. Something to watch in the background until CALL THE MIDWIFE.

I forgot all about this. Are they still doing that awful thing where they split the couples across two weeks and then drag an opening show with about half a dozen 2 minute skates out for two hours? :gross:

Obviously I'll whizz through on catch up regardless

I used to love this, I find it dull now.

Oh it is TERRIBLE, but if I didn’t watch I would probably feel like I was missing out plus on week one we are more likely to see someone do a GEMMA COLLINS.

dancing-on-ice-fall.gif

It just feels so lazy to have another Strictly bad boy on the show so soon. I don't remember James Jordan being quite so obviously desperately competitive as Brendan though.

Sally actually had to have two points of contact at all times and still wobbled.

Slightly obsessed with them having a new professional called TIPPY :D

I think the cameras spent as long on Shaun Ryder as they did on capturing Bez attempt to skate.

So they have split the couples again. Completely pointless and makes it seem 4 hours long. Unlike Strictly they almost never gain viewers past the first episode (in fact about a million tend to JUMP SHIP) so I don't know why they do this half-arsed launch.

Usual hyperbole at play ("best opening performance ever"....sure, Chris. There's only been about 20 others, but okay).

Bez :zombie: I sorted of expected it as soon as the tv presenter who no one knows gave an average performance but he was just a waste of time.

Is it in Lukasz's contract to get paid and be out first or something, this happens almost every single and we are then denied his godly goodness.

Sally was as expected and probably topped the vote.

Kimberley will go the same route as Ashley on Strictly and be dumped in the skate off as soon as the public can, which presumably won't be until the quarter final at least. Probably the best tonight and clearly capable of much more than that.

Oti now wondering what the fuck she's doing and thinking of the paycheck

Kimberley Wyatt is one of the best modern dancers ive seen in music, be interesting to see if that translates to the ice

4.3m in the overnights, which is pretty solid. I think it usually starts off fairly strong and then weakens though, rather than holding strong. Presumably people get bored when the likelihood of face planting reduces.

This year's series making an early go of being as big a shitshow as the last then.

So they are trying to make the same old Torvill and Dean routine more exciting by filming on queasy drone cam?

Regan Gascoigne's tan was really quite something but he was very good, as was Vamps guy, so that should do for Brendan Cole's chances.

Oh and Associate Creative Director Dan Whiston still choreographing himself as the focus of pro routines... Did we spot background lurkers Sylvain Longchambon (again) and NHS doctor guy from a couple of series back?

The judges dispatching Ben Foden and his cheatin thighs rather coolly there.

At least it doesn't look like Rachel or Bez will have to withdraw.

Didn't like the drone skate. The dance looked a tad unremarkable anyway.

Dancing On Ice star Kye Whyte will no longer appear in this weekend's show after suffering an injury.

The professional BMX racer sprained his knee after falling on ice in rehearsals.

Medical professionals advised the Olympic athlete it was safer to avoid skating this weekend - and ITV confirmed he will no longer compete on Sunday's show.

An ITV spokesperson said: "During rehearsals for this Sunday’s show, Kye fell on the ice and sustained an injury and will therefore not perform in this weekend’s show."

I thought that was a really enjoyable show this week, less filler than the previous two weeks and the movie themes (if largely nothing new) were fun. The panel is so much better with Oti than Barrowman too.

Poor Rachel's going to have a rough and short ride. She's so elegant but there are lots of very good skaters this year, as well as a couple of weaker ones who probably are going to go much further than they should.

I think Connor's winning this rather than dancers Brendan, Kimberly or Regan. He's exactly the type that does well on stuff like this and I'm a Celebrity. Gazza tearing up though :(

Dame Arlene a guest judge for musicals week next Sunday.

Poor Liberty was very charming thanking all and sundry. I thought they might save her over Kye as it seems he's had enough. Quite enjoyed Brendan Cole having a miserable week, despite the high scores. Regan and Kimberly have the most exciting routines, it was a shame he had those wobbles.

It does seem strange that interest has died in watching celebraties gliding round at 1mph with the camera angles set up to make it look faster. All that effort! All that TALANT! Also STILL no Kate McCann nude on ice I MEAN I ASK YOU

Anyone still watching? It wouldn't surprise me if this was the final series, at least with Jayne and Chris.

I think Torvill and Dean are just too tied in with the show that without them the plug would certainly be pulled. Saying that Jayne doesn't seem very comfortable on the panel and on the ice it is the other way round, as she looks very sharp still bit Chris is starting to appear a bit doddery.

You would think that the ratings alone suggest that it is time for the format to be rested (again), even if skating wise it has been one of the better series.

If anyone is still interested, Holly has tested positive for Covid, so Phil will present tonight on his own.

Its also a double elimination tonight, presumably to get rid of Kye and Connor. :eyes:

I really want Regan to win

Yes, clearly a sensitive young man but easily the most likeable of the final three. Not sure how Brendan Cole wobbling all over the place in the first routine didn't matter to the judges.

:D at those trousers that Brendan was wearing for the Bolero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom