Dancing

Out of 10

• Total voters

Eddie

User
Is this considered a Kylie classic yet? Should be. Rate it. 💃

good song, if a bit dated, but the tinny production and bad mastering job really bring the chorus down when it should pop the fuck off.

too twee and geriatric at the same time for my taste and i hate the vocal as instrumental flourish bit in post-chorus (keep forgetting how it's called - help!).

a generous 6. would be a 4 by most other people, kylie definitely brings something to it.

One for the live shows but I don't care to pop it on at home. Say Something and Magic have entirely eclipsed it.

The normal version is awful.

The Initial Talks version, however, is EVERYTHING.

One for the live shows but I don't care to pop it on at home. Say Something and Magic have entirely eclipsed it.

There is an irony in that it would never be one I would ever choose to play but just catching a few of the opening bars reminds me of how entrenched it has become in her catalogue. The Glastonbury performance might have played a part but I think it's also because It struck a chord at the time of release and alludes to so much more than just a night on the tiles. I mean no one holds 2 Hearts with as much affection do they.

There is an irony in that it would never be one I would ever choose to play but just catching a few of the opening bars reminds me of how entrenched it has become in her catalogue. The Glastonbury performance might have played a part but I think it's also because It struck a chord at the time of release and alludes to so much more than just a night on the tiles. I mean no one holds 2 Hearts with as much affection do they.
Absolutely agree, the lyrics have a great double meaning which definitely adds to the appeal. It's a good crowd rousing singalong which is more than you can say for 2 Hearts (and of course The One should have been the single etcetera etcetera :D).

She really has had some of the best lead singles ever!
  1. Slow (10)
  2. Confide In Me (10)
  3. Say Something (10)
  4. Can't Get You Out of My Head (10)
  5. Better The Devil You Know (10)
  6. Hand On Your Heart (10)
  7. All The Lovers (10)
  8. Spinning Around (10)
  9. Some Kind of Bliss (10)
  10. I Should Be So Lucky (09)
  11. Word Is Out (07)
  12. Into the Blue (07)
  13. Dancing (06)
  14. 2 Hearts (05)

I’m giving it an 8 but it’s a 10 live. The lyrics are poignant too although I remember somebody else saying that at the time and being dismissed by some.

Reactions: COB
The normal version is awful.

The Initial Talks version, however, is EVERYTHING.

This.

I don’t mind it in its original form, but nothing I’d seek out. However, live and as a ‘signature’ song of her later years it certainly does hit the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom