Dead Or Alive - Fan The Flame (Part 2) – The Resurrection ('New' Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant

At the time of the release of ‘SBB MMXVI’ in 2016, Pete Burns and Steve Coy had indicated that they wanted to revisit an album that they had started to record in 1990. Unfortunately, tragedy struck and they didn’t get the opportunity to do so.

These recordings were discovered in Steve’s tape archive and painstakingly pieced together; they included early versions of two later recordings that appeared on ‘Nukleopatra’ in 1995. ‘Fan The Flame (Part 2) – The Resurrection’ is the culmination of the work that Pete and Steve recorded over the next four years but which was never completed.

1. Tonight....
2. U Were Meant 4 Me
3. Are U Ready 2 B Heartbroken
4. Where Is The Love
5. I Don’t Care About Your Heart
6. I Want 2 B With U
7. Hurt Me (Did U Have 2 Hurt Me)
8. Extacy
9. Tonight.... [Extended Version]
10. Hurt Me (Did U Have 2 Hurt Me) [Extended Version]

The double CD and double vinyl add instrumental versions of the ten tracks (which feels a little excessive). The single vinyl has the eight main songs only.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
It's probably a bit tinny A LA NUDE but we are talking PETE HERE :disco:

For a presumably only slightly spruced up demo I think Tonight.... is very decent. I wouldn't have said that it screams out for an extended version though.

For a collection of in development demos it is a very decent collection. Are You Ready 2 B Heartbroken is the Lloyd Cole/Sandie Shaw song.

The inclusion of the instrumentals and price of the CD is quite off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom