DELICIOUS places IN LONDON

bag-of-nails-bristol.jpg
The pub also has this inside

"To be perfectly honest with you Gavin, I'm enjoying the cat fur in my pork pie, but me and my friends thought that Jay Aston was better than Keith Moon before she turned racist."

I was delighted to visit the Palm Tree in Mile End the other week and it was even better than I imagined :disco:

IMG_5083_299006722e285f47655d17d1c9136337.jpg

A friend of mine once saw the state of the upstairs where the cats live and has never been back since.
Judging by the bit they allow the public into, I can't say I'm massively surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
I think that's the first photo of the interior of The Backstreet that I've ever seen

Getting interior design ideas for my new place, obviously
Changing Rooms has started up again :disco: While most of the stuff they do is hideous, I saw Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen on TV this week arguing against this bland minimalist style in houses these days, decorating everything like it's a show room to be put on the property market. I absolutely agree with him there, but at the same time would not be up for the WALL OF HAIR they did on the show last week:

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F198e4857611e2c148466715703c57ef8.png

Changing Rooms has started up again :disco: While most of the stuff they do is hideous, I saw Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen on TV this week arguing against this bland minimalist style in houses these days, decorating everything like it's a show room to be put on the property market. I absolutely agree with him there, but at the same time would not be up for the WALL OF HAIR they did on the show last week:

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.ladbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F198e4857611e2c148466715703c57ef8.png
:D Moira Rose CHIC!

moirarose-02.jpg

I agree in theory as well. My niece and her boyfriend's new house is incredibly tastefully decorated in shades of grey and taupe throughout, but it lacks any kind of personality at all - and you feel quite uncomfortable sitting in it, because it feels like a show house, rather than a home. I'm putting it down to it being her first home and wanting everything just so at first. Hopefully they will begin to personalise it as they live there. I don't think anything even has a pattern to break things up - everything is block colours in tonal shades.

God, I really hate how people decorate everything in whites and greys. I have a specific HATRED for that grey crushed velvet :zombie:

I think as somebody stuck in rented accommodation it really sticks in my craw that people actually CHOOSE to live in such bland surrounds.

Last edited:
Give me GREY AND WHITE over MAGNOLIA any day of the week!!!
:disco: Honestly I'd rather DIE than live in magnolia surroundings. Of course I am very HIGH END and wouldn't even consider inflicting such a thing on myself :)

Here are some helpful DESIGNER TIPS from the charming MARIA :disco:

I have to say that I'd not have those shiny gold pillows in MY gracious apartment, although I do like "You know that's not marble... it's a sticker" :D

Just remember girls, everything in the Kylie range ends up with 70% off in House Of Fraser :disco:

Here are some helpful DESIGNER TIPS from the charming MARIA :disco:

I have to say that I'd not have those shiny gold pillows in MY gracious apartment, although I do like "You know that's not marble... it's a sticker" :D

I fucking hate those amateur ASMR videos. Speaking softly does not mean WHISPERING.

I fucking hate those amateur ASMR videos. Speaking softly does not mean WHISPERING.
HOW DARE YOU

Much-loved Maria an "amateur"? :shock:

Also I never regard it as whispering. I fucking hate whispering and always want to violently assault anyone doing it :)

Getting interior design ideas for my new place, obviously
I used swedish property listings for inspiration when having my house built. For some reason they sell a lot of furnished flats done in a minimalist and summerish feel with fantastic verandas and balconies.

:D I was wondering how on earth we've ended up here and I think that for once it's not me who's steered it violently off-topic

Maybe we need Kate and Zu’s Interior Design thread?

Can a @Moderator to the honours?
I’m not sure I have anything more to say beyond NO to magnolia, YES to white and grey minimalism, NO to clutter and YES PLEASE to depressives living upstairs coming through the ceiling :disco:

I'd be even more useless as I absolutely cannot be arsed to do any redecoration so I will be living in one of those bland show homes unless something happens to already be done up in an interesting and tasteful fashion :)

Reactions: Zu
I'd be even more useless as I absolutely cannot be arsed to do any redecoration
Oh well the answer there is PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT but do request pdfs of their qualifications and accreditations beforehand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom