Demi Lovato has heroin overdose

Quite the jump from relapsing to “alcohol” just the other week.

Oh god. She’s going to end up dead at some point isn’t she?

As much as seeing struggling stars splashed all over the tabloids isn’t exactly pleasant, the fact that she’s relatively private must be quite a worry.

Oh this is awful :(

Child stardom strikes again

Have you ever known anyone with an addiction? They happen very quickly.
Thankfully not. Only known a couple of cokeheads before but only by association.

The US entertainment industry really doesn’t know how to treat child stars. Apparently their child labour laws are far more lax than ours, especially on stage.

My heart dropped like a stone when I read this. Fuck. Her being back on the party scene has been an open secret but I didn't imagine it had gone this far.

Shit, I really hope she pulls through.

Oh god. She’s going to end up dead at some point isn’t she?

As much as seeing struggling stars splashed all over the tabloids isn’t exactly pleasant, the fact that she’s relatively private must be quite a worry.

Where's the obligatory Christina Aguilera collab related reference Slave? :evil:

Christina claims ANOTHER victim, of COURSE.

Not content with pushing Madonna’s career and Britney’s MIND over a cliff after the VMA’s, she strikes again.

Not heroin, apparently. She had taken something else that had fentanyl in it, hence why she was given Narcan. I'm guessing she had coke which had been laced with it. Fentanyl is what killed Prince and MJ, I think.

Not heroin, apparently. She had taken something else that had fentanyl in it, hence why she was given Narcan. I'm guessing she had coke which had been laced with it. Fentanyl is what killed Prince and MJ, I think.
Yep for Prince. There seems to be a high rate of addiction to Fentanyl in the US, because practitioners find it easier to get financial approval from medical insurance companies to prescribe strong pain relief medication than actually help the problem.

Poor soul :(

She always comes across as a genuine good sort and addiction is so under-estimated by the media (and therefore, by large swathes of the public).

Yep for Prince. There seems to be a high rate of addiction to Fentanyl in the US, because practitioners find it easier to get financial approval from medical insurance companies to prescribe strong pain relief medication than actually help the problem.

I read an article this morning about this. Apparently this photo shows a lethal amount of heroin alongside a lethal amount of fentanyl. :o

Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-645x645.jpg

Fentanyl is 50-100 times stronger than Morphine so even the slightest increase in dose - particularly if it’s involved in drug use (where one presumes quality control on dosing does not follow pharmaceutical protocol) can be fatal even if someone has taken “the same amount” as normal.

You can literally just get it on a patch on prescription over the counter. It’s shocking and a testament to the overall drug issues in the US.

You can literally just get it on a patch on prescription over the counter. It’s shocking and a testament to the overall drug issues in the US.

Of course you can - it’s for pain relief!

Of course you can - it’s for pain relief!
Yes, but it appears to be a get out clause for ailments and pain that could be treated with physiotherapy. It’s like drugs are the first choice rather than trying to treat the condition causing the pain.

But the majority of people who go to GPs here want pain relief NOW rather than physio- never mind how hard that is to get if you're not willing/able to pay for it.

So fuck knows how it must be in the US with the power of the pharmaceutical industry there, and the ability to get a prescription for anything if you're willing to pay.

Last edited:
Opiate overuse is as much a problem here as it is in America, I would say.

There are pain clinics opening up in a lot of areas to try and wean people off of opiates because they continue to be the go to for a lot of chronic conditions.

I have heard of her, but have no way of knowing who she is.

Would she achieve a recognisable hit if she were to CARK it I wonder?

is it in BAD TASTE for an impromptu DEMI top 5? okay

1. Solo
2. Instruction
3. Cool for the summer
4. Give your heart a break
5. Neon lights

1. Unbroken
2. Cool for the Summer
3. Give Your Heart a Break
4. Ruin the Friendship
5. Solo

i've a soft spot for Really Don't Care and iconic american twang pop anthem Made in the USA

Give Your Heart A Break is perfect pop.

Heart Attack and Cool For The Summer are pretty nifty too.

I don’t think I’ll ever really digest the fact that Give Your Heart A Break wasn’t a hit in the UK.

I don’t recall that the label even BOTHERED with it, which makes it even worse.

I know it’s older but they really should have pushed it out after Heart Attack instead of that Made In The USA garbage.

GET WELL SOON DEMI. Channel all your demons into making Cool 4 the Summer Part 2 please.

I have heard of her, but have no way of knowing who she is.

Would she achieve a recognisable hit if she were to CARK it I wonder?

'Skyscraper' I imagine would suit the occasion. Added bonus for being her first post-rehab release back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom