Derry Girls

ameraal

la loi de murphy
how do we not have a thread about this show? it's been on my list forever and i kept putting it off. and for what? it is brilliant!

just started and i can't stop grinning at it. i love the characters, i can barely make out what they're saying half the time, the mischief is top notch, the music is fun. omg. love it! (hope it doesn't nosedive).

How DO we not have a topic for this? It's so so good. It really is the first 90s nostalgia show that relates, despite it being girls in Northern Ireland. Being the gay boy (you presume he is) in a gaggle of girls in 1995 is uber relatable.

Can someone edit the title with capital letters please? It's too good for am's disrespect for pronouns.

Oh yes. Sister Michael is everything. :disco:

And I’m sure there was a topic?

Sister Michael is amazing, so is Michelle! I binged the whole show in a single day

still only up to episode 4. there are so few episodes i'm not binging it.

i watched one and two again with a couple of friends last night. both converted *.*

i think the do you see the light usage was one of my favourite music in tv moments <з

Oh I loved them even more after watching bake off special.
James is adorable

i really wanted james to be a wee gay but i guess someone else came out we're not getting a second queer character.

i really wanted james to be a wee gay but i guess someone else came out we're not getting a second queer character.
I think he works better as a straight character - the only boy in a school full of girls who think he's a joke.

I've still yet to watch all of the second series, but the first is genuinely exceptional. It's important to acknowledge the huge influence Nadine Coyle had on the show:

I completely agree that this programme is PURE JOY.

Surely the third series should be on soon-ish, but I can't find anything to confirm they've started filming?

Surely James will be gay.

Sometimes it feels like they are going in that direction but then I wonder if they will be tempted to go with Erin and James. I'm not sure that I would be pleased with that change in dynamic though.

I remember hearing the writer saying that she envisages Erin and James eventually getting together, but that it may not actually happen during the course of the series. So she definitely sees him as straight.

This show is the best thing on TV in a long time. It reminds me of Beautiful People in many ways (not just for the 90s setting).

I got a wee bit teary at the end of the last episode, so I did

I've been rewatching out of boredom and it really is the best. And so accurate.

The cross community building bridges trip. :D

no news on the new season, is there? it was supposed to come out this spring.

I never really expected it to be anything special but it is absolutely brilliant. Hope the next series is just as good.

I've been waiting on a announcement regarding a new season of this in what it feels forever :disco: (and Sick Note)

Filming of the new series was halted because of Corona, thirsty gays. But in the meantime you can enjoy a fun little clip of Orla and Erin having a self-isolation mini-breakdown on C4's Twitter since the two actresses live together.

I see Nicola Coughlan has said she has a reduced role in this series as Covid delays caused filming conflicts with Bridgerton :(

THIS WEEK

https://www.nme.com/features/tv-interviews/derry-girls-interview-final-season-3-3199271

There’s talk of a film next, but McGee says that’s not been officially confirmed: “I think I have an idea for one. I need to take a break first.” It might also be tricky to get the cast back in the same room again. Coughlan in particular seems ready to move on, and tells us she’s “definitely played Clare for the last time.”

:( but also I am not opposed to it going out on a high and spin-off movies for this kind of thing don't always turn out well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom