Diana Ross x Tame Impala - Turn Up the Sunshine

Jark

User
...from the Minions soundtrack. co-written by Jack Antonoff. as if this collab could get any more random!

I wonder how this collaboration even came about

Well it is catchy. I'm sure it is a choice but the breathlessness is a bit much at first.

This is fabulous. It's a long time since I've heard Diana Ross embrace her 70s solo career roots. Kinda like Chaka Khan's Hello Happiness album a couple of years ago.

From Popbitch:

Her turn at the Jubilee concert this weekend reminded us of a great Diana Ross story we heard over lockdown, but didn't have a chance to tell more widely.

Many years ago, a music magazine landed an exclusive photoshoot with Ms Ross. Despite being braced for all sorts of crazy demands from the legendary diva, she only really had two.

The first was that, after the shoot, she insisted on staying while the negatives were developed and a contact sheet hurriedly printed for her approval.

The second was for a single cigarette. Despite not being a regular smoker, she asked the editor for one. Then, lit fag in hand, she carefully inspected every contact. And if she wasn't happy with one, she would burn a neat little hole right through the negative.

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom